Graphic Card Advice

tomirlik

In Runtime
I live in Canada, and my dad is gonna buy me a vid card soon. The thing is, he insists on only buying from Future Shop or Best Buy because of the fact that if there is a problem with the card, he can easily go to support or return it if necissary. With my budget (no more than CAN $400), I have picked out two cards I like: ATI x1900gt 256mb, or the Nvidia 7950gt 512mb. I'm asking which one is better.

Also, will both these cards allow me to run my games on v.high with some AA and decent resolution? My other specs are a Pentium D 3Ghz processor, 2G DDR2 Kingston RAM, and a 250gb 7500rpm harddrive.

And 1 more thing. Is it wise to buy these cards now, or would it be better to wait till a directx10 card comes out that falls WITHIN my price range? Its a lot of questions, but I just want some advice. Thanks a lot!

Well, here's the advice:

If you want a DirectX 10 card, you should wait for others. If it's that way to go, you can go with the 7600GS and save yourself more money than to buy the 7600GT. To me, it seems to be the best way to go.

I know, but it depends. I'm recommending to buy that card if you need to be DX10 ready. If you don't really wish to upgrade to that tech now to 5 years, then you need the 7650GT 512.

tomirlik said:
I'm not interested in the 7600, but the 1950gt.

he's saying to buy the cheaper card now, if you plan on going to DX10 anytime soon, don't waste the money on a 7800+ or 1800+ card from either nvidia or ati, its not worth the money. Buy a 7600GT, or even two, at 200 bucks American for 2, and you can hae awesome graphics for cheap. Then, save the money you WOULD have spent and buy a DX10 card in a few months.

OR, as he was saying, if you don't plan on going with a DX10 card anytime soon, like a year or two, get the x1900xt, its a better card, unless you get the 7950GX2 from BFG...its pretty sweet for around 400.

Back
Top Bottom