Help!!! Im getting crazy virus warnings

superman22x

Golden Master
I am getting warnings, and I dont know why, I think I have a hijacker, cause all the warnings say I have diferent people accessing my computer and I need to download different software to remove different things. I have mcafee and spyware doctor. Should I believe these warnings or not? One popped up in an internet explorer window, and others in the task bar. I also had some random site pop up in an internet explorer window, and that one displayed explicit images. What should I do, I am running scans with both protectors, and have not downloaded any of the software they are telling me to. Stupid Hijackers, they are just too nerdy.

just one on the sidebar saying that my internet was slowed down 39% and my computer by 47%. It seems legit but I really dont know. Please help soon. I dont want people getting access to my paypal account. Or ebay account.

They're spam, you have spyware/malware/adware

EDIT: Quickest way to be rid of them is System Restore to before they started

Ummmm, I didnt set any restore points, will mcafee get them? Or spyware doctor? They are both finding things, so I hope it gets fixed.

spyware doctor should kill them. You could also use hijackthis and get rid of them that way if you wanted to.

Ok, spyware found 28 different things, this is the third time I ran it. It cant delete some because it needs basic administrator priviliges. SO I set it as run as administrator. I'll tell you how it runs after my scans.
Thanks

DILLIGAF said:
EDIT: Quickest way to be rid of them is System Restore to before they started

that doesn't always work. depending where the stuff is saved it won't delete. remember restore just changes settings, not files.

some one mentioned hijack this, and i would say go for it if running mcaffee and that other program with admin rights doesn't work. its a great program and can get jsut about anythign off your comptuer.

celegorm said:
that doesn't always work. depending where the stuff is saved it won't delete. remember restore just changes settings, not files..
Mainly this type of crap runs from the temp IE files cache or installs itself to the c drive. Nine times out of ten restore will remove this, if the infected location is in the System Restore points then disabling and re enabling System restore will clear this. NOTE: the adware/malware/spyware will not be active if archived in system restore points.

Unless you have clicked an .exe file and installed something to a directory this will work.

well, I think I got'em. Stupid Hijackers dont know what they're up against. I'm the Rick James. lol Anyway, spyware doc had some classifications for the files, and they were a popup trojan, hijackers, and a .exe trojan. I think thats it.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom