Activating XP

toole13

In Runtime
Every time I try to activate XP, I get a computer voice and then I give it my code from the activation wizard and it tells me that it is not valid. I called Microsoft and they told me too bad I would have to by XP. Any way around this?

WHat exaclty did MS say, more detail than "too bad".
Did they say that copy has already been activated on another PC?
Did you buy this copy, reinstalling? ect..

dude just call to activate it instead of trying to activate online. its works as many times as you want on as many computers as you want with the same xp cd and code.

Well I called about 5 people and they all said that I can't use it because it's the one that came with a Dell computer that we had. They were all just like, "Sorry, you have to buy it separately because you are just using the re-installation CD from your old computer." And I can't find the COA either. So I just bought XP Home about 2 minutes ago. Thanks anyway for the help.

DILLIGAF said:
OEM Windows, won't install on a different pc

I thought if you had a copy of OEM windows you could install it on multiple PC's. I have a copy of win XP home OEM and was told I could isntall it on another PC if I wanted to?

troy272 said:
I thought if you had a copy of OEM windows you could install it on multiple PC's. I have a copy of win XP home OEM and was told I could isntall it on another PC if I wanted to?
no that would be illegal unless you have a coa that is for multiple computers such as being in the parnership program

an oem coa will work, but you need an oem windows install cd (not a manufacturer one) all three of my computers are running oem windows from old comps that i have traded into work or built. my laptop has home off of a toshiba, my one desktop has pro off a dell, and my new comp has home off of an hp. i know it works and i've never had a problem with microsoft yet. problem is you need a normal xp oem disk, which if you don't have makes for some problems.

Back
Top Bottom