Controling my LAN on multiple PCs

eapro

In Runtime
I have a two computer both connected to the internet with Linksys router (ethernet). I want to be able to enable and disable the internet on the other computer from one of the computers. And the other user would need a password to enable it again. How would I do this, Im sure it would have to be a separate program.

go to control panel and network conections and disable/enable the conection you want?

edit: sorry i read it wrong lol

I know that, lol. but the user can simpley enable it by doing the same thing. Plus I would have to go to the computer and do it manually.

You will need to setup a proxy on a linux box, also acting as your router ie DNS, NAT etc.

You then enable authentication on the proxy. This can be simple local passowrd lists or AD/LDAP etc.

Try Endian Firewall.

I have access to both computers. They are both mine, both connected to the same router, but I want to control when the other computer can be connected to the internet, from this computer. And they don't use WiFi.

Well, it's rather hard...I never experienced something to turn internet on or off. The only reasonable way is to run Windows 2003 on the Terminal and disconnect it, but then, you;d need to get up and manually turn it on.

Back
Top Bottom