erm...big CPU installation problem!

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hey,

Well i installed that core 2 duo that i spoke about in a previous post...turned it on fine, went and had a quick look around the BIOS first....and it is saying my CPU is running at 82c???

Something is wrong?

Matt

Well, i since fiddled with the heatsink and all that, and it is not averaging 40c, which i think is still too hot....there are no processes running, this is a brand new comp with nothing on it, reading from the BIOS....

Matt

ah i see, i see! is there plenty of ventalation? fan working properly? tryed putting thermal paste on it?

Well because im still working on it both sides of the case are off....fan is running at 2000RPM....as for thermal paste it appears to already be intact

Matt

you could get a temperature probe and use it instead cause the ones on the motherbaord are not very precise

The BIOS ones are normally accurate, what fan are you using, is it a stock fan that came with the processor.

Meh. Bios temprature things suck. If my computer is off for a whole day, I turn it on and instantly go to BIos to check temprature.. Its always on 50c... :S

Back
Top Bottom