Can you answer this one? Confirm at least.

lhuser

Golden Master
Okay, this is the Okia 500W PSU that Bob94571 gave me. It replaced that dangerous 430W Antec PSU.

Ok, now, the problem doesn't lie from there, but actually, while playing the Midtown Madness 2, it suddently locked up. Then, Usually, when I hard reset, the BIOS may freese at the first drive's properties. Now, I'm not too found for that, but the voltages makes me think:

The 3.3V is really good: 3.33
The 5V remains idle at 5.17V
But the 12V remains either between 11.97-13.47V.
CPU temp was 33.5C on that Prescott, so heat is out of question. Now, what is happening for it to freese like that on BIOS? Another thing: The techie probably threw away the RMA box, but I registered with ASUS...so I don't know now.

So...anyone willing to tell if the 12V is in the good state?
11.97V is in the BIOS setup, and then, on Windows, it's in the 13's.

I'd trust the bios first and even though the 12v is a little low it is still within the realms. There is a +/- 5% factor to consider with readings through software, if you really want an accurate reading chuck a multimeter on it.

I second what dilligaf says. Try testing with multimeter while its under load, to check for major fluctuations (if ya feel confident enough)

Heh, I don't physically own a voltmeter or a multimeter. But, why does BIOS hangs at boot?

Could the software be possibly corrupted? Have you tryed re-seating everything? I know this propperly wont make a difference but it's a long shot!

I would reset the BIOS as Raffaz said.

1. Try the default settings.

2. Then try to configure to your optimal settings.

If that dont work then i would flash to the latest version

and repeat steps 1 and 2

Bob, there's nothing wrong with the PSU itself. It's something that the other one damaged probably. Yours powers everything fine.
LambOfGod said:
I would reset the BIOS as Raffaz said.

1. Try the default settings.

2. Then try to configure to your optimal settings.

If that dont work then i would flash to the latest version

and repeat steps 1 and 2
Maybe a CMOS reset would do, but if I flash to the latest, it's a beta and it's suicide.

Back
Top Bottom