I wanna build my own computer too.. Click me please :)

dedb33t said:
oh ok, Well If I get the lowest core 2 duo then that is over my budget, But I will still be able to get it. Its the 1.83Ghz core 2 duo, Would that be better then getting 3.4 Pentium D Dual core??

Here is a picture of the stats. Thats for the core 2 duo one.

This one below is for Am2 X2

Why shouldn't I go with the Pentium D's? The computer I have no is pentium D and its pretty good.
The reason why Core 2 Duo is better, is simply because it is super fast. Faster chaches and front side buses compared to the Pentium Ds. To me, you'd be extremelly happy with a Core 2 Duo.

I was thinking of going E6400 and getting a lower mainboard, But there isnt much of a difference so yeah
Thanks for all the help guys.. Now for the setup part..

Sorry For the double post. Page could not be found when i click edit :s, Well Guess what: since my dad got sponsored by the building company, They payed him 15k in advance :D:D, Lol he only told me by accident haha.

So here is the computer that I have finally chose to get:

Just Remember its in AUD, and all that is actually really cheap for a shop in Australia, I think its the cheapest around.

Intel Core 2 Duo, I'm jealous! I've just got a set up and got a AMD sephron (good for my usage) but damn I would love one of those, though i still prefer AMD, nice set up though!!!

dedb33t said:
Sorry For the double post. Page could not be found when i click edit :s, Well Guess what: since my dad got sponsored by the building company, They payed him 15k in advance :D:D, Lol he only told me by accident haha.

So here is the computer that I have finally chose to get:

Just Remember its in AUD, and all that is actually really cheap for a shop in Australia, I think its the cheapest around.

No, get the E6600. The E6700 is too high price for just a bit faster. You can overclock the E6600 to be as fast as it is without hurting the pockets.

The board...Nvidia with Intel never copes preety well. I would recommend an Intel board with the 975 chipset in it. Some are expensive, but they own in all. SLI is supported.

The memory is DDR800 and as far as I remember, the boards supports DDR667. But, that doesn't mean it won't work nd that doesn't mean I'm right. although with the Intel board, it should have DDR800.

For the rest, it's okay.

..Im getting the E6700 for the E6600 price... :)

As for the RAM, They guy called and explained to me etc. And he changed the mobo to some good one, Built for gaming etc so yeah :)

http://www.qcgo.com.au/gabba/productdetails.php?productcode=MBGI8I945GMS2

Does that mobo take any DDR2 Ram??? Does it take DDR? This is confusing lol.. Anyway my dads getting him self a computer too, and he wants me to buy the stuff for him, He isn't a gamer lol. So its all basic stuff in it. Anyway the pic is below, And I think the RAM and mobo that I picked on his, I think they are on mine too..The mobo isnt too bad, And I didnt know what ram to pick so I just picked DDR2 667 which is compatible...I have lots of DDR2 Ram here though, Does the mobo support DDR ram too? Thanks for all the helps and tips guys. If it wern't for you. Lol I would be using a Pentium D now :(

Back
Top Bottom