Dead Dell computer

thomas49th

In Runtime
Dead Dell computer - your ideas

Hi, recently one of my pcs doesn't always turn on, or you have to leave the socket switched on for quite a while before you can press the button and power it on. Sometimes it flashes amber. It now doesn't come on at all. I though it could be the battery because for ages it used to say system battery low when you turned it on, so i replaced it with a battery from another pc, which was the same model but CR2032 (not the same make though). Still it doesn't make a difference. I beleive it must be either a PSU failure, a motherboard failure or a front power pannel failure as there is NO sign of life. However when I open it up inside, the and turn it on the PWR led turns on and when I turn the pc off the LED inside turns off after a few seconds. So I presume that the PSU is working. The pc is a DELL 8250. What suggestions would any of you people make. I presume it's not any of the 4 ram cards, nor the hard drive or the other drives, sound card or video card, as the pc would still turn on.

Pull the side panel off and check and make sure all the wires from your psu are connected to your components. I wouldn't think its your psu if its led turns on and off as you hit the power button. I could be wrong just check your connections and make sure something didn't come unplugged resulting in no power to a crucial part needed to make your computer work.

I wouldn't think its your psu if its led turns on and off as you hit the power button

Not the front power button, I mean the wall mains socket. Pressing the front button has no effect on the PWR Led at all

Back
Top Bottom