Firefox sometimes takes a long time to load pages..``

testman

Baseband Member
This started happening recently, sometimes ff wont load pages until 1 - 10 seconds later, its not a connection problem because i tested this using IE and IE has zero lag and so does my other comp which uses the same connection, also my connection is working totally fine, when ff is taking forever to load a page. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling FF, but that didnt work, anyone know a fix?

I am having the same problems, so any ideas or even edits to make firefox load faster, would be great...

Theres a program called firetune, and its free. Do a search for it and see if that helps ya

It could be because google just had an advertisement up for Firefox and there might be a surge in the number of people using it.

omg i am such a idiot, I forgot i was using a proxy for firefox, after direct connecting its all good.

Glad its sorted mate. Wont harm to use firetune aswell though. Its a cracking little program

Raffaz said:
Glad its sorted mate. Wont harm to use firetune aswell though. Its a cracking little program

What aspects of Firefox does FireTune optimise? Cause' I just tested it and it doesn't seem faster to me. Just the same as before.

Then again, I already optimised Firefox through TuneUp Utilities 2006, so maybe that did the job already and that's why I'm not noticing any difference after using FireTune.

I'm on a 1500/256 connection if that makes any difference.

Back
Top Bottom