CD drive problems

ace777

Fully Optimized
I recently installed a 2nd CD drive in my computer and the original in it is not reading certain discs ( music mostly) and the new one works perfectly ,what is wrong with it?

Have you checked in device manager to make sure everything is ok? Are they sharing the same cable, if they are, then try putting them on seperate cables? Also try another cable aswell, just to rule that out

Have you tried putting in other types of CDs? How old is the original CD-ROM? Is it a rewritable drive? If so, does it burn properly? The laser might be going bad.

Make sure the IDE cable is the right way. Like the longest part connects to the mobo, then the 2 shorter parts to the optical drives, I had this problem before.

Actually, check for loose connection on the IDE ribbon. To me, it looks like its loosened up. If that doesn't do, it's either not recieving enough power or it's dying.

I replaced the Cable and It appears to be working fine It turns out that the threads in the cablers themselves were under pressure and were starting to come appart from use ( I frequently mess with the cables) and It was best just replacing it
Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom