DVD+R Problems

raventheblue

Beta member
Hey,
I have a "HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8400B" and I bought some DVD+R's to make some DVDs. When I put the disc in, it isn't loading and I cannot burn my movies onto them. Can someone help me?

Well, I had a similar problem that after a while my DVD Burner (Samsung TS-H552B) stopped being able to write to DVD-R/RW so from then on I just used DVD+R. Try using some DVD-R discs.

Have you had a look in device manager, is the drive listed there? Also have you got any different +R's to try, alot of drives are picky with certain brands of media

raventheblue wrote:
"HL-DT-ST CD-RW
CD-RW is not going to write or read a DVD-R or DVD-RW or a DVD.

Did you mean DVD-RW? If so as Raffaz said check your device manager and make sure its reconizing the player. If not you may have to remove and change the setting. If its your primary drive you want it under master if its a secondary drive put it under slave. I'm referring to the pins on the back of the player. You'll see them on the back check your manual for which is which and move the little black slider to the correct pin.

MattieDaShark83 said:
CD-RW is not going to write or read a DVD-R or DVD-RW or a DVD.

Well spotted mate, totally missed that. In my defence tho, i had'nt long been awake :)

Back
Top Bottom