Vista Bugs

alvino said:
I don't get why everyone is like, "zOMG!!!!11!! Vista bugs!!!!1111!" :rolleyes:

Every operating system has it's glitches at release. Theres so much code that it's almost impossible to catch every little bug before it's released. XP had some glitches at launch too. Get over it. :rolleyes: If you think Microsoft operating systems are stupid, you always have the option to go with Linux or Mac OS X.

It matters to some people coz their business might be running it, and this is a pretty serious bug, would you pay for it knowing that ya might have to use ya DVD to recover ya system?

alvino said:
I don't get why everyone is like, "zOMG!!!!11!! Vista bugs!!!!1111!" :rolleyes:

Every operating system has it's glitches at release. Theres so much code that it's almost impossible to catch every little bug before it's released. XP had some glitches at launch too. Get over it. :rolleyes: If you think Microsoft operating systems are stupid, you always have the option to go with Linux or Mac OS X.
Linux and MAC OS X still has bugs, but less, way less. It's just the fact tha MS keeps pushing back dates and stuff and they can't make sure when the OS is ready. That is what engages me.

Business that depend on Vista would not have rolled out across an enterprise yet...

most business will still only be looking at a test pool...

besides, this won't affect most businesses, since most people actually get to leave work at the end of the day, with their machines being switched off, as most business energy saving policies would require that.

constantly using wifi at full power drains batteries...
in other news, the pope actually is catholic, and bears do indeed shit in the woods.
I'm not critisising your posts, but how do non-brainers like this make it to the news?

quick question for Longhorn User.

so far as changing to Vista,
I Don't think I'm going to change any time soon...

I'll be using it at home before I use it at work since i'll have to support people using it, I'll most likely duel boot for a few months before I roll out across the department.

even then I suspect there will be lots of problems, and very few technical resources available to trouble shoot and fix those problems...

that's threa great thing about XP, it's been around so long that any problem that you have a hundred other people have fixed, and ten of those have blogged about how to fix it as well...

New OS, are bad news because it means I actually have to work for my money!

was this bug apparant in pre-release betas?

Well, I believe the SP1 update has already been penciled in for late March of next year, so maybe if the final release doesn't fix these problems, that will.

I'm sure they won't release the release in January though with real problems like this.

root said:
quick question for Longhorn User.

so far as changing to Vista,
I Don't think I'm going to change any time soon...

I'll be using it at home before I use it at work since i'll have to support people using it, I'll most likely duel boot for a few months before I roll out across the department.

even then I suspect there will be lots of problems, and very few technical resources available to trouble shoot and fix those problems...

that's threa great thing about XP, it's been around so long that any problem that you have a hundred other people have fixed, and ten of those have blogged about how to fix it as well...

New OS, are bad news because it means I actually have to work for my money!

was this bug apparant in pre-release betas?
The bug that it would require the DVD to be repaired, no, but sometimes, on certain LH builds, it would hang from Standby. That's how I've checked the flutes.

Within 2 months of vista coming out, I should be deploying it to alot of computers. I really hope they fix these bugs.

Back
Top Bottom