SVChost

Steff

Daemon Poster
Our SVChost is taking up 100% CPU usage at boot up we think it's wuauserv making it at 100%

Any of you guys have any solutions? Thanks in advance. :confused:

Process isnt meant to take up 100% though I wouldnt of thought? We've disabled something for microsoft word updates and it seems to of done the trick :D It still sometimes runs at 56% but that's ok.

On some boots my svchost can bring the CPU up to 50-60%, but i do have a fair amount of services....although on my old Celeron, nearly every boot would make it stick at 100% for a few minutes lol

Matt

Make sure its not SVch0st you'r looking at.. SVchost is a important process while SVch0st is a Keylogger that has been going around latley... run a spyware scan and a virus scan.. and make sure your computer is clean.

Cheers, It's SVChost :p thanks though! I will look out for that in the future ;)

Mine are all lowercased "svchost". My desktop gets it every once in awhile but it's such a high performance machine that I never notice it slowing me down. My laptop is the one that gets pounded on because it's a slow computer. When that svchost kicks in at 100%, it kills everything. I should say it feels like it puts everything on hold since it takes forever to open anything up due to the intense process going into the svchost. The fan gets loud because the CPU is working on that for like 5 hours +. Weird. I disable it and everything goes back to normal until I trigger it again somehow.

Back
Top Bottom