My computer went crazy and now my computer is messed up.

mrchainsaw

Baseband Member
My little sister did something while she was on the computer and now the desktop icons, the font, and windows are all big. Also, the color is screwed up, when I look at a picture I can barely tell what it is, even text is difficult to read sometimes.

When I right click on my wallpaper and go to settings, I can either choose 2 or 16 colors. Does anyone know how I can get back to normal?

system restore can be you best friend! heh, start>all progr.>accessories>system tools>system restore.

kyleman999 said:
system restore can be you best friend! heh, start>all progr.>accessories>system tools>system restore.
I got up to system tools but I can't find system restore. I have Windows 98SE if that changes anything, which it probably does.

Yeah.. win98se doesn't support system restore.

It appears your display drivers aren't working correctly.. find out what your video card brand and model is, then google for drivers.

Sounds like she has done something to ya graphics drivers, did you get a motherboard disc with ya computer, if so the drivers will be on there. Otherwise post the make and model of ya pc, or the make model of ya motherboard, and we can point ya in the right direction. Ya could always ask her what she done to screw it up aswell, and let us know. Also check device manager and see what it says in there. Any red crosses or yellow exclamation marks?

How do I find out what video card model I have and where do I adjust the screen resolution? I'm afraid I'll just make things worse.

I don't know, my family bought it used at a computer shop for like $100. It's Windows 98SE, 128MB RAM, like a 9GB HDD.

:O!!!

Meh, Happens to me alot, A few things that might have happened:

Changed colour and resolution, or changed to a non compatible refresh rate. (The refresh rate one is very common).

Enabled disability function in control panel.

ummmm, Yeah Just go into safe mode and fix it up.

Back
Top Bottom