What are your views on Mercedes and BMW?

Man, american cars aren't getting anywhere compared to imports. The only good thing (maybe) I see that they're doing ok in is their heavy duty pickup trucks. Other than that, Tundras and the Titans are taking over lol. I think the only american car I see that actually get a second glance from me is the new Pontiac GTO. That's because my coworker drives one. It's fast, but too big, too much gas, and it still has that old style look. Just doesn't attract too much on the outside but being a GTO, it does make you curious what it has.

If Ford had any balls, they'd bring the up-and-coming Focus RS over here to the states...
300bhp and AWD sounds pretty good to me, like competition for the EVO and STI. But they don't want to take it out of the "economy car" class and they think it won't sell very well. I have a feeling it would sell regardless of whether or not it's a Focus. Numbers talk. Especially numbers from a 2.5 5-cyl turbo AWD car.

lhuser said:
What I think:

Mercedes: Too squary, uglyish on some points. Too expensive, but luxury is not out of question.
Consider getting it: No
Rating: 3.35/5.05

BMW: More fancier than Mercedes, little too squary, that same front on EACH model, exept the very first builds. Luxury comes with openable ceiling
Consider getting it: No
Rating: 4.11/5.05
ugly? wtf are you talking about? this is ugly?????
Mercedes-SL-Class-088.jpg

5171_60110.jpg

or are you talking about like the affordable ones?
anyways, if ur just gonna get a cheap one, screw that, for the price thers nicer cars, but if you have money go for a bmw, my mom has the 500xi, i love driving that thing..

D-Lew said:
If Ford had any balls, they'd bring the up-and-coming Focus RS over here to the states...
300bhp and AWD sounds pretty good to me, like competition for the EVO and STI. But they don't want to take it out of the "economy car" class and they think it won't sell very well. I have a feeling it would sell regardless of whether or not it's a Focus. Numbers talk. Especially numbers from a 2.5 5-cyl turbo AWD car.

Yeah. But it's too bold for "bold moves". :rolleyes:

People would flock to it after only hearing "turbo" and "AWD" Shit, bring the Falcon over here and make some real loot!

TRDCorolla said:
Man, american cars aren't getting anywhere compared to imports. The only good thing (maybe) I see that they're doing ok in is their heavy duty pickup trucks. Other than that, Tundras and the Titans are taking over lol. I think the only american car I see that actually get a second glance from me is the new Pontiac GTO. That's because my coworker drives one. It's fast, but too big, too much gas, and it still has that old style look. Just doesn't attract too much on the outside but being a GTO, it does make you curious what it has.

I don't care for Tundras and Titans. They may be big, but I still wasn't comfortable in the driver seat and I'm not that tall (only 6'0) I'd expect something like that to be a little bit wider and have just a little bit more legroom. I'm also old school and won't buy anything but American trucks, my family has bought American trucks going way back and I'm not going to change that cycle. Sure import trucks may be cheaper but American trucks as you said are better for heavy duty. I'll take my gas guzzling overpriced american truck :) still gotta wave my flag a little bit!

NeXuS said:
Psshhh just get a Lexus you got reliability and luxury at its best :D.

Um, HELLO! Lexus = OVER PRICED Toyota. :rolleyes:

Toyota = THE best in reliability!

I would still take an Acura TL (since I already got the Toyota one out of the way, Yes, Acura is an Overpriced Honda).

Love lexus the new one that just came out parks its self dont remember the model. I think ill take a lexus over merc or a BMW

Clutch said:
Benz is going down in reliability. All German cars are for some reason.

BMW is great. I have only heard one person (and I work in an office filled with guys who drive both Mercedes' and BMW's) complain about a Bimmer. He went as far as to say, "If you were to spit in front of one, it would lose traction." Personally, never driven a BMW newer than a 93 E36 and at that is was only thru a parking lot.

I'd have to drive one to tell, but as the point has been made already, it's a little out there to spend that much money on a car. I wish for the day when I could.

How would this look in your driveway?

911%20Turbo%20Big.jpg

That would actually look amazing in my driveway :D

Back
Top Bottom