Windows XP Sidebar, not quite Vista Sidebar--but nice

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
This program is pretty neat. It is very similar to Windows Vista's SideBar except for the gadgets doohicky. It delivers RSS feed pretty well, has transparency control to fade the sidebar into the background, has performance monitor, weather, clock, calendar, news, stocks, media player, Quick Launch, etc. Any of you tried this? I've got it installed on both my laptop and dekstop PC. It benefits the widescreens the most because it barely takes up viewing space.

http://www.desktopsidebar.com/

I've tried that program. It's pretty nice. I just wish there were more extensions to add on to it. I like the interface of yahoo widgets better but I hate how much memory it uses and it's also not very stable either, whenever I shut down my machine the widgets just hang. This program doesn't eat much memory at all and there's a lot of different themes to choose from.

It doesn't use a lot of RAM. It was designed to use "minimal" amount of RAM. There are some bugs with Media Player though. When I play a movie, it plays the sound from within the sidebar, but not display. Other than that, I'm getting live feed of late breaking news, stocks, performance monitors, and the comics lol. I like taking a glance at the weather to see what I'm facing for the day and for the next day. I changed my clock to the digital version because it displays what day it is too. The System Tray clock takes too much effort to display the time and date :p. Yes, I'm lazy.

Back
Top Bottom