Deciding between these 2 cards

Luke2 said:
Wow - so it looks like X1950PRO
Just one more thing - could any1 plz explain to me why and how is the X1950PRO better performance-wise when the 7900GS got 600/1600 with 20pipelines and the X1950PRO is 620/1480 with 12pipelines

or is there anything else to it ? is it the chip ?
Just really curious

The X1950PRO has 3 pixel processors per pipe, so that's really effectively 36. And having a higher core clock with more pixel processors is definitely a good thing. And you shouldn't worry about the memory clock too much, but the difference will help out in eye-candy effects and for high resolutions in the favor of the 7900GS. I'd say go with the X1950PRO though, especially if you're running 1280x1024. Tests have pretty much proven it to be a better card for almost anything.

THEpiGUY said:
The X1950PRO has 3 pixel processors per pipe, so that's really effectively 36. And having a higher core clock with more pixel processors is definitely a good thing. And you shouldn't worry about the memory clock too much, but the difference will help out in eye-candy effects and for high resolutions in the favor of the 7900GS. I'd say go with the X1950PRO though, especially if you're running 1280x1024. Tests have pretty much proven it to be a better card for almost anything.

Yup. It's all down to how the architecture works. :)

Why not widescreen?

Yeah, the X1950 Pro should play 1600x1200 with high settings fine.

I checked out some WideScreens and i think some of the games look just weird on Widescreen - For movies It's very nice - but I don't like it during playing a game

That's just my opinion
i think that 20.1" will do fine

Well most games now support widescreen. Some you can hack it so it'll play in the 16:9 format.

Plus, you see more with widescreen ;) It might give you an advantage over some other monitors.

Dual monitors don't play as nicely with games. Unless you like having a bar between the two screens.

no - I wasn't gunna use dual monitors for gaming - the new one for gaming and the old one for like desktop n such..
but we're jumping to a whole different topic here lol

Back
Top Bottom