new cell phone

Ronco Rox

Fully Optimized
i currently have the razor from motorola and its a meh phone. its not all that its lived up to be. yeah its slim and small but the features blow on it.

anyway i'm mostly looking for a texting phone. one that has a full keyboard on it that opens up.

this is the phone that i want to get

http://us.lge.com/products/model/detail/mobile phones_select by carrier_verizon_the v.jhtml

its a bit bulky but i can deal with it. it has a nice camera on the back of it that makes it so useful. but here is the problem. i am on the cingular network and that is a verizon phone.

the problem is that im using cingular and i need to unlock the phone. first off i need to know how and if it is safe to unlock a phone. i know that they need to be the same type or something like if they are GSM or not.

has anyone unlocked a phone before or does know how? thanks.

I also want to get that phone ^_^, but I have to wait till the plan runs out. That's an awsome phone, I would get it.

my girlfriend has it and i think its awesome. i text a lot now and i can actually use it. they are coming out with the VX9900 soon or it might be out already. its slimmer and smaller than that the VX9800 but the screen is smaller on the front. still cool though.

What you would need to do is get the GSM version of the phone, but right now, there is no GSM version of this phone. If you buy it from Verizon, it will be the CDMA version. There's no way to convert the phone from CDMA to GSM, so you would need to buy a GSM version of it, wihch currently doesn't exist.

And if you do find a GSM version, you may want to consider the newest version of this phone, the VX9900. It is reportedly about 1/2 as thick as the 9800.

ugh i tried unlocking my dad's old CDMA phone. let me tell you, that its impossible. you can't unlock a CDMA phone without flashing the firmware or something like that.

Unlocking it won't matter, it's impossible to use a CDMA network phone (Verizon, Sprint) on a GSM network (Cingular, T-Mobile). They are simply incompatible.

GSM vs CDMA

awww gay. well i might switch the network anyway to verizon because recently my account was frauded and i had a bill that was over 400 dollars. way to go cingular, you really have your shit together :mad:

I recently switched to Verizon from Cingular in the Western New York area. It's about the same quality of service, but since most of my friends have Verizon, I save a ton of minutes with the IN calling.

well i'm going to have to wait until my plane is over until i can switch over, but i will never NEVER go back to T-Mobile ugh! :chills:

Oh yeah, my friend has that phone. It's pretty handy for texting. She texts a lot too.

I want the Motorola Q though. Damn that's one nice smartphone.

Back
Top Bottom