Wont turn on?

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hey,

My mate brought over his pc that wont turn on.....i hooked it up, pressed the on button.....nothing came on the screen....apparently he has tried another gfx....i have tried another PSU, ive reseated the RAM, cleared the CMOS....any suggestions??

Matt

EDIT: I also discovered this.....they have both a burner and a rom in the pc....which neither light up or eject when i power it on....yet if i unplug them and plug in my spare burner, my burner ejects and powers up....weird

Hey,

I know it is a Gigabyte motherboard with a Intel P4 3.2ghz i think.....and yes the fans do turn on, but the drives do not power...

Matt

Hmm...

By any chance does the motherboard need an extra ATX power connector plugging into it from the PSU? Some need an extra supply. I know mine did when I built my system, which confused me, as I got worried I had done something seriously wrong, when infact, I hadn't plugged in ONE cable :p

After that, the system fully functioned, which before, it just stopped functioning after a certain point with beeps.

Yeah i checked that, it has the usual long and fat connector, as well as a 4 pin that plugs into the Mobo....

Matt

you should check and see if the capacitors are leaking. same thing happened to my computer and i found that some of the capacitors had blown.

Mattyl110792 said:
Hey,
EDIT: I also discovered this.....they have both a burner and a rom in the pc....which neither light up or eject when i power it on....yet if i unplug them and plug in my spare burner, my burner ejects and powers up....weird

Does the computer work with your drive connected? Have you tried testing the faulty drives seperately to see what happens?

Back
Top Bottom