You guys are going to like this one

XEN, Openoffice can be also for Windows. I'm already done that stage.

mammikoura said:
You can game with linux too. Just takes a little more messing around to get the games working.
Wine...I know, but it just won't work with certain apps. I shall do more this time.

lhuser said:
Wine...I know, but it just won't work with certain apps. I shall do more this time.

there is also cedega, kinda like wine but designed with only gaming in mind. It's not free though.

Grr, why always keep good stuff not free?! I don't think it will work like Windows Xp...yopu get it underground...

hmm MS is like concentrating on Vista right now, they prolly won't bother with us XP people :(

Meh, I'm trying to download the Preview 6 of SP3. If this bloody thing screws up, I am sorry, but Ms just loses a Windows user...or so I say
what's the point in downloading a preview?
I mean thus far SP3 will probably just literally be a security rollup.

Is it just me, or is MS really incompetent? I'm glad I switched to Mac years ago.
and how are Mac simillarly not incompetant, do you honestly think that they get their updates out next day? TBH it's just that you hear about it less because people care less.

All Microsoft cares about right now is Vista. <_< We paid for XP too.
people are paying for Vista...
I somewhat doubt that everyone has been taken off the XP project, besides which support for XP is most likely continuing whilst Vista will probably be supported with those who stopped supporting windows 98 and windows NT 4 and windows 2000 earlier this year.

This isn't suprising. Remember SP5 for win2k? yeah, I was pissed about that.
I do remember people saying that there should be an SP5, and microsoft saying that they might deliver, but in the end, by the time it's development lifecycle stopped there were only enough updates to make a security rollup, not enough for a full on service pack.

Back
Top Bottom