Vista Bugs

Raffaz

Golden Master
It seems that the official release of Vista already has a bug, or bugs, that seriously hinder the ability of a user to keep their system up and running more than 1 day at a time or even allow you to allow the system to go into Deep Sleep or hibernation.

I don't know about most of you, but my computers are rarely shut down or rebooted, and when not in use go into a hibernation state. Well, this is not really possible with Vista. If you put it into Deep Sleep or hibernation a multitude of things can/will happen. All of them will require you to reboot, but one is serious enough that you cannot use rebooting to fix it unless you use the installation dvd to recover from the problem. Even Safe Mode will not work to recover from the system errors.

According to the author MS does not know the exact cause of many of these problems--the author has reported the bugs to MS and has gotten feedback from them--and the author is pointing at the Vista Kernel and/or a broken ACPI model as likely culprits for some of them. The author also says that some of these will not be easy to fix.

Take a look at this blog post from a blog called "The Neosmart Files" to read the exact details.

yeah its probably a problem with the ACPI driver. When i had vista RTM installed, it wouldnt turn off sometimes and would never allow me to put it to sleep.

Thats why I'm not going to buy Vista until they get some of these serious bugs worked out. Like sometime next year, around summer to late summer.

Tommy Boy said:
Thats why I'm not going to buy Vista until they get some of these serious bugs worked out. Like sometime next year, around summer to late summer.

Totally agree, i wont get it until at least SP1 is released. I mean i use it now for testing purposes, but only on a VPC

Raffaz said:
Totally agree, i wont get it until at least SP1 is released. I mean i use it now for testing purposes, but only on a VPC
Yeah I was going to build a new pc just for Vista, a Vista machine, and get it as soon as it came out and be on the cutting edge!

Not any more, I'll wait till summertime for that. That'll just give hardware the chance to come down in price, and better stuff to come out :D

I havent built a machine mate, just using virtual pc to run it and mess about with it. Ready for when i eventually make the change

I don't get why everyone is like, "zOMG!!!!11!! Vista bugs!!!!1111!" :rolleyes:

Every operating system has it's glitches at release. Theres so much code that it's almost impossible to catch every little bug before it's released. XP had some glitches at launch too. Get over it. :rolleyes: If you think Microsoft operating systems are stupid, you always have the option to go with Linux or Mac OS X.

Back
Top Bottom