What are your views on Mercedes and BMW?

Brookfield said:
by the way d'you know why "Mercedes Benz"? Benz named them after his daughter, Mercedes.

I think it was some other dudes daughter, not his.

edit:
In 1899, DMG automobiles built at Untertürkheim (a city district of Stuttgart) were raced successfully by Emil Jellinek (1853-1918), an automobile enthusiast and dealer. He had the name of his daughter, Mercedes, painted on the automobiles for good luck. Wanting faster race cars, it was Jellinek who spurred the development of the seminal 1900 DMG model that would be the first of the DMG Mercedes series, bearing the name of his daughter.

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes_Benz#History

Brookfield said:
Mine, the 2005 model A4, is the highest of the mid-range at £19,500 [$37,400], they start with the A3, around £14,000 [$27,000] the 2006 model was re-vamped, slightly larger than mine, big increase, at £27,000 [$52,000], then they start going up steeper, all [4x4's,] starting at £44,000 [$85000], up to £54,000 [$104,000, expensive but I wouldn't buy anything else!
Um, unless they give them different designates where you are, the S6 is a Merc isn't it?....by the way d'you know why "Mercedes Benz"? Benz named them after his daughter, Mercedes.

there's "S" models for both. Audi has an S4 and S6 while mercedes has the S600 & S550. They're both nice cars :) just way out of what my pricerange would be.

macbook said:
Im not trying to be rude, but you have it completely wrong. A Mercedes is not squary at all, and it is not ugly.

BMW, not as fancy as mercedes, actually mercedes are more fancyish, and no, its not the same front at all.

look:

Mercedes-Benz-CL-Class-6-lg.jpg

:p:p:p:p:p
Well, I am still stuck with older models...but I won't remove the fact that they are overpriced.

troy272 said:
there's "S" models for both. Audi has an S4 and S6 while mercedes has the S600 & S550. They're both nice cars :) just way out of what my pricerange would be.
Thanks for that, I didn't know, I was so amazed at the cost, that I didn't notice the spec badges.

Not a big fan of either. Certainly I'd take them, but I'm not a fan of wood grain interiors, fancy padded heated seats, etc. I'm a minimalist. Take a look at the Lotus cars (Elise and Exige) and that's the kind of interior I like. Machined aluminum everything and leather sport bucket seats, no bells and whistles. ~2100lbs. I like a harsh ride. If I can't feel every bump in the road, I know the suspension isn't working right. That's how I roll (I wish). To do that, I'd have to drop about 800 pounds from my car, and get a more powerful engine and a stiffer suspension.

Actually I am getting a Koni Sport Kit for Christmas, 1.6" drop and adjustable shocks. That will really drop my times when I race. :D
I'm so excited!

Ford Focus ZX3 hatch. It handles nicely already (it's very responsive) but the shocks are a little weak. I get body roll like crazy in slaloms, probably because it's a hatch and has a fairly high center of gravity, but I can crank these up and stay flat in corners now. Responsive and stiff will be so awesome. :cool:

D-Lew said:
Ford Focus ZX3 hatch. It handles nicely already (it's very responsive) but the shocks are a little weak. I get body roll like crazy in slaloms, probably because it's a hatch and has a fairly high center of gravity, but I can crank these up and stay flat in corners now. Responsive and stiff will be so awesome. :cool:

It's still a Ford.

And worse, it's a fukkas.

J/K! :D

The Ford Focus isn't that bad...I admit it is a bit ugly in my opinion, but it's a car.

Back
Top Bottom