Car Thread!

NeXuS said:
I got an 05 Scion tC there is some pics in here i think. Well due projector lights that they will have a horrible cutoff ive umm cheap halos burning out and condensing inside the lens not saying all ebay stuff its like that but i have seen some bad reviews of ebay projectors. I might get some of Anzo thats a good brand. Pluss i think it will look weird my car with black housing since my color is silver and chrome projectors look ugly and cheap.

My GF got an 07 tC. Sweet car!

As per the projectors: The chrome one's look like crap. the black ones are better. You gotta spend loot to get the good ones and it's a BIG project installing them. You have to remove the WHOLE front bumper to get to the headlights and you have to do so carefully to ensure not to scratch, or ruin in any way, the bumper. It's such a process it's damn near not worth it. The lights on it are bright enough and if we wanna go brighter, we'll order bright or hyper-whites from Japan. I'm gonna put the blue lights on my Buick! LOL!!!

And how's this for gas mileage?

15.75 MPG on average, when I'm NOT beating on it. $35 to fill up the other day. I think it was like 14-15 gallons. Just past empty on the gauge is 17 gals and from full to there is about 250 miles (I think).

Clutch said:
My GF got an 07 tC. Sweet car!

As per the projectors: The chrome one's look like crap. the black ones are better. You gotta spend loot to get the good ones and it's a BIG project installing them. You have to remove the WHOLE front bumper to get to the headlights and you have to do so carefully to ensure not to scratch, or ruin in any way, the bumper. It's such a process it's damn near not worth it. The lights on it are bright enough and if we wanna go brighter, we'll order bright or hyper-whites from Japan. I'm gonna put the blue lights on my Buick! LOL!!!

Yeah i know i have to take the whole f'ing bumper it sucks :(. I got some plat white bulbs on my car they look great.

NeXuS said:
Yeah i know i have to take the whole f'ing bumper it sucks :(. I got some plat white bulbs on my car they look great.

It's worth the time, but it's a little bit of a pain. Another reason I like older cars. I can COMPLETELY change the light (the whole thing is a single unit) without even popping the hood on my 1966 Mustang.

tribarlg.gif

Clutch said:
Here's my heap. I don't have pics of MY dd, but I'll add one off google.

asppg_Ca812303144.jpg

asppg_Xu627348310.jpg

And here's the Buick after I mod it out the way I like!

302418a.jpg

@-Evil%20smiley11.jpg

E2atSunset_11-20-03_020c.jpg

This is what it should look like when it's done. I'm prolly gonna use different rims tho.

Nice, it definitely has a ways to go before it's finished but it should look badass when it is. I especially like what you've done with the Buick. Looks to be a one of a kind ;)

btw, what shape is the interior in on that mustang?

wow you have a LOT of work to do on that mustang. do you know anyone who does a lot of complete restorations like that? they would be much help to you.

Ð88 said:
Btw, what shape is the interior in on that mustang?

Gone. I took all of it out. I still have the original seats, front and rear, but the carpet and insulation are gone. The headliner is gonna come out when I redo the interior. I plan to get these seats:

procar.jpg

or something similar. This set is $700 (£532) for a set of two.
corbeau_pro_sportlg.jpg

These are the other ones I like but they are $820 (£623) EACH!!

The motor I want is about $10,000 (£7,598). 600+ to the wheels!!

My total projected costs (without the 10K motor) is about $40,000 (£30,388) :eek: . For about 2K more, I could buy a brand new Acura TL. :(

But, this car is worth more to me than a TL, as nice as they are. I love mustangs, even before I knew ANYTHING about cars, I loved them. I remember when I was young, like 6, I was out somewhere with my mom and there was a car show. I saw what I believe was a 67 mustang and I fell in love. Ever since than I have wanted one. My first car was a fox body 86 Stang and I had plans to do so much to that.

I don't like how everyone and their cousin drives one, but hey, it's an affordable sports car. If the Vette was priced the way the Stang was, it'd be a "me too" car. I only have respect for the good stangs that can hold their own, not the ones driven by a little girl cause she told mommy and daddy she wanted one or these "pretty boys" who get them to "pick up chicks", which BTW doesn't work.

I know people who do it, but involving them would only make my cost go up. As is, I'm gonna need to employ a body shop to replace the rear quarters, floor pans and part of one of the frame rails.

NOTE: I added the euro conversions because I figured it'd be easier to relate to what I'm spending if it's in your currency as well (for those of you overseas). If I read that something cost you 532 Euros, I'm not going to realize that it's equal to 700 USD and it's gonna seem a lot cheaper than it is.

Corbeaus are cool, but you can get some nice, reclining Sparcos for a little cheaper. Just a suggestion.

Woo-hoo! Koni Yellow shocks, struts, and springs are going in the mail, along with an alignment kit!

It's gonna be crazy fun with those things on the track... Pics soon, maybe in a week or so.

Edit since I don't feel like posting three times in a row:
How about a challenge? Whoever can guess what model car this is gets a cookie. And the one in the front, no cheating. :p
GA__Testing_1_DIS.jpg

Back
Top Bottom