Sempron and PC100

thomas49th

In Runtime
Hi, I have 2 questions concerning hardware:

1. I've got a pc with PC100 or PC133 SDRAM (cant remeber). Will this ram work on DDR sockets (184-pin) in newer motherboards?

2. Is a sempron processor number equal to a centrino in the intel line or pentium.

Thanks

PC100 or PC133, will NOT fit in a DDR slot, they are tottaly different in technology and slots. AMD vs Intel Speeds. You can't really compare side by side with numbers, you'd be better off going to bench mark sites or asking anybody here what 2 processors would be simialr in speed.

I hope this helps.

thomas49th said:
Hi, I have 2 questions concerning hardware:

1. I've got a pc with PC100 or PC133 SDRAM (cant remeber). Will this ram work on DDR sockets (184-pin) in newer motherboards?

2. Is a sempron processor number equal to a centrino in the intel line or pentium.

Thanks
1. No. DDR is completely different technology than SDRAM, and it will not fit. If it fits, the pins are going to not align properly and it can damage the board, to the point beyond recovery.

2. A Sempron is different than Intel because of the way it is set to work. Basically, it is comparable to a Celeron CPU, but it is much better than it. IMO, it would be around an Intel Pentium M 64-bit.

SDRAM has 168 pins, DDR has 184 :)

Anyways Centrino is a combination of an Intel mobile processor, intel motherboard and intel wireless. It is not a processor.

the sempron in my moms notebook is a pretty good little processor :) it plays games in combination with the 512mb of ram and shared 64mb sis gfx card

DJ-CHRIS said:
SDRAM has 168 pins, DDR has 184 :)

Anyways Centrino is a combination of an Intel mobile processor, intel motherboard and intel wireless. It is not a processor.

sry I ment celeron :p

Back
Top Bottom