What are your views on Mercedes and BMW?

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Would you ever consider getting one of these "luxury" class vehicles? I mean from what I hear, they've gone cheaper compared to what they were long time ago. That's how they manage to lower the prices of these cars. Mainenance wise, they are expensive too. Can you imagine how much it would cost if you ever had a major problem? Wouldn't it be better just to buy a good Japanese car than a BMW or Mercedes (since the general consensus say japanese imports are more reliable vehicles)?

What I think:

Mercedes: Too squary, uglyish on some points. Too expensive, but luxury is not out of question.
Consider getting it: No
Rating: 3.35/5.05

BMW: More fancier than Mercedes, little too squary, that same front on EACH model, exept the very first builds. Luxury comes with openable ceiling
Rating: 4.11/5.05

I think they are both great cars. The only bad thing is the price and the fact that they use more fuel than say toyotas. (because of the more powerfull engine)

I'd get a MB anyday if I could afford it. BMW would be nice too, but I prefer MB.

Both cars are too expensive and gas needy. I don't need that type of car. Something that gets to point A to B is sufficient, thanks.

I like BMW's, and Mercedes are OK, but I'd rather spend the money on something else. Right now, I want a Mitsubishi Evo. $30,000 for just under 300 horsepower, and it looks sweet.

The only car from Mercedes that I would want to drive is an SLR and the only cars from BMW that I would drive is either the M3 or M5.

Right now, I want to get a japneese car, only because Im young, hoping for a g35 soon. But a benz, maybe, if I was a buisness person why not. But I mean, the s class interior sucks ass, just take a look at how shitty it was in yrs 04..Then take a look at the interior of a bmw 750li in the yr 04. I would take a bimmer over a benz any day. IMO benz is overated, only the newer ones are nice. Actually better yet, the AMG versions are the only nice ones if you ask me, excpetion with the cls, one hell of a car. Both great brands, but I would take a bimmer, m3 > s class..and a m3 isnt even the highest class ahah.

Whats funny is people think that luxary cars are so expensive.
Benz c class 30k
Acura TL- 33k...
Nissan Maxima- 31k
Ifiniti G35-34k
Its just a name tag in my opinion, for respect..

G35x said:
Right now, I want to get a japneese car, only because Im young, hoping for a g35 soon. But a benz, maybe, if I was a buisness person why not. But I mean, the s class interior sucks ass, just take a look at how shitty it was in yrs 04..Then take a look at the interior of a bmw 750li in the yr 04. I would take a bimmer over a benz any day. IMO benz is overated, only the newer ones are nice. Actually better yet, the AMG versions are the only nice ones if you ask me, excpetion with the cls, one hell of a car. Both great brands, but I would take a bimmer, m3 > s class..and a m3 isnt even the highest class ahah.

Whats funny is people think that luxary cars are so expensive.
Benz c class 30k
Acura TL- 33k...
Nissan Maxima- 31k
Ifiniti G35-34k
Its just a name tag in my opinion, for respect..

I agree I would take a Japanese made car like Infiniti or Acura over a Merc or BMW. And yeah i forgot about the AMG Merc's. They're not too bad and good enough to boast about with their handbuilt engines.

lhuser said:
What I think:

Mercedes: Too squary, uglyish on some points. Too expensive, but luxury is not out of question.
Rating: 3.35/5.05

BMW: More fancier than Mercedes, little too squary, that same front on EACH model, exept the very first builds. Luxury comes with openable ceiling
Rating: 4.11/5.05

Im not trying to be rude, but you have it completely wrong. A Mercedes is not squary at all, and it is not ugly.

BMW, not as fancy as mercedes, actually mercedes are more fancyish, and no, its not the same front at all.

look:

Mercedes-Benz-CL-Class-6-lg.jpg

not squary.

for the bmw, how do these look similar>

BMW%205%20Series.jpg

bmw_z8.jpg

Thats is how it should be!
:p:p:p:p:p

BMW's are more set towards performance while Mercedes are more towards luxury. I like BMW's more though. My dad has a metallic grey BMW 325i and it cost $4,000+. :D It's so awesome...

Back
Top Bottom