new laptop

cg53mac

Beta member
My laptop (RIP) recently ended up on the losing end of a forty foot tumble down 4 flights of stairs. Luckily, it was insured. Anywho, I got just a tad over 2k from the ins. company, and am soliciting help to get the most bang for the buck. It will be used primarily for gaming (mainly Joint Operations). Any help or suggestions on where to get a decent setup for 2 grand would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

JO is not very graphical intensive i'd get a laptop from ibuypower.com if your going with a gamer laptop.

Well, JO isn't going to be around forever, and I want to be able to keep up in the next gen games also. BTW, thanks for the help so far.....very good leads. Please keep them coming. The puter that bit the dust (Dell Inspiron 9100) was bought for $2080 two years ago, they gave me full value on the claim.

For less then 2000$ you can get a dell inspiron 9400 media center 1.8ghz core 2 due with 2 gigs of ram 250gb hd and a nvidia gs 7900 go....that should suit all your gamming need. im getting a 9400 myself soon but not as good as those specs, my budget is a bit smaller :)

Also you could try alienware they have good gaming laptops but there not very portable(big and heavy.

I would also look into the Dell Inspiron lines too. Get a Core 2 Duo in there and 1GB of RAM. If you can afford it, the Dell XPS laptops are pretty nice too. They're basically gamers laptops and for people who just crave power.

Back
Top Bottom