Car Thread!

The K&N filters are awesome!!!! Most people don't know about them and insist on getting stock air filters. They pass through a lot more air than traditional filters. It may cost a lot at first but it's worth it in the end because it's reusable.

Lol, I see that you added the "VVT-i" emblem already? Some people at work told me that I should take off the "S" on my Corolla and put the "XRS" on there instead. I think it's too cheesy like that. Once you get serious dough coming in, I would really look into getting it turbocharged or supercharged. Mother of all mods.

TRDCorolla said:
The K&N filters are awesome!!!! Most people don't know about them and insist on getting stock air filters. They pass through a lot more air than traditional filters. It may cost a lot at first but it's worth it in the end because it's reusable.

Lol, I see that you added the "VVT-i" emblem already? Some people at work told me that I should take off the "S" on my Corolla and put the "XRS" on there instead. I think it's too cheesy like that. Once you get serious dough coming in, I would really look into getting it turbocharged or supercharged. Mother of all mods.

I saw a video of a boosted LS1 Trans Am make 535 whp on 5 psi. Pretty insane. Not really sure how an LT1 would take boost though.

TRDCorolla said:

No plz dont put XRS i may have put an emblem on my car but thats really what i have :p. Its stupid like a black Civic(ricer) with bodykit altezza lights pull up to me i saw his SI emblems i was like oh well no problem if i get raped its an SI's because of my powerloss of transmission but we launched smoked him bad i was like yeah SI's haha.

As for the filter i was gonna go with the TRD one but its to dam expensive arround 80 i think might as well get an Intake for that but i know its pure sound and bling especially an SRI. K&N will cost me 42dlls yeah i want to change it so bad better airflow. You have to clean them up every 50k miles i think so ill buy the cleaning kit later :D. Oh and corollas XRS's are very little quick 4dr cars dunno saw a video of one stock killing a stock tC not by much but it was quicker both were M/T what was funny is that the corolla had 3 passengers and the tC had like 2 or 1 didnt see so well hehehe.

You should hear my car with a K&N matched to a 65mm throttle body, it sucks like crazy.
And that's a good thing. Even when the filter is dirty, I haven't cleaned it in 40,000 miles. :eek:

Hahaha the word sucks in the filter world is good :D good to know K&N will do me just fine :D

I laugh when I rev my Neon, just because it sounds so pathetic lol. But with 20,000 miles, 30+ mpg, and 40,000 miles left on the warranty I can't complain.

cabbspapp said:
I laugh when I rev my Neon, just because it sounds so pathetic lol. But with 20,000 miles, 30+ mpg, and 40,000 miles left on the warranty I can't complain.

Same with my car.

It was so bad, because I was out with my friend one night, and he was driving my car. Well this cocky little kid got in the middle of the road and sat down. Im just kinda like "Come on man, rev the engine". He is just like Nahhhh it sounds like a damn kitten!

I dont know, you kinda had to be there..

And now for my driving--
Tonight, at about midnight, I left my girlfriends house. I was supposed to be home at midnight, but I wasnt because we had this big ol talk thing going on. Well I was doin about 45 in a 25. I come around this corner (mind you im in a Mercedes geared for anything but snow/ice/loose gravel.), and there is this big ass truck. I dont know how I knew it was a Dodge Ram 3500... Hell, I even remember it was Maroon. But my point being is that I cranked the wheel, as he is comming up, and I was going down the hill, on a corner, I brushed right by his side. I couldnt have been but a foot away from him. At this point im doing about <40. I didnt over correct, but when I did corrent, it slid the other way. And then slid one more time while doing a final correction. Im still hauling ass scared he will turn around, even though I look in my rear view mirror and see him stopped in the middle of the road.

But damn, was that ever a lesson for me. Lesson one, dont speed. Well more of less dont do what your car cant do, but still speeding ive now learned is hell of stupid. Two, leave on time so you dont have to be in the position of speeding. Three,... I told my girlfriend "As long as you promise me to be safe in your car, I will be safe in mine". I kinda disgreguardeded that. She knew I would be late, and still made sure I wouldnt speed. Now I just feel HORRIBLE for going against my, and her word. So that also gets me.. Three things.

Man... I really need to watch it now. This experience has definitely made me straighten up. :eek:

You and your friend should have stuck your heads out the window and screamed at him or something lol.

That is pretty scary though, coming close to a truck that would have messed you up more than him, and it would have been your fault too. But at least you avoided the accident, when it could have been really bad.

I notice a slight pshh sound in the mornings when I start my car for the first time when the K&N is in there. Then as it gets warmer, it tend to go away. But it sounds cool though. Damn, I'm looking at my fine sexy car out my bedroom window, whew!! I wish I had some projectors still, but those things with the Xenon kit cost a huge bundle. I'm looking to buy another car though down the road so I won't invest anymore money into it (just for basic maintenance). I need to save up for tires. It's on 03 and I'm already looking forward to a third set of tires already. Lots of driving. I end up filling the gas tank like every 3-4 days!!! Man, it's crazy.

TRDCorolla said:
I notice a slight pshh sound in the mornings when I start my car for the first time when the K&N is in there. Then as it gets warmer, it tend to go away. But it sounds cool though. Damn, I'm looking at my fine sexy car out my bedroom window, whew!! I wish I had some projectors still, but those things with the Xenon kit cost a huge bundle. I'm looking to buy another car though down the road so I won't invest anymore money into it (just for basic maintenance). I need to save up for tires. It's on 03 and I'm already looking forward to a third set of tires already. Lots of driving. I end up filling the gas tank like every 3-4 days!!! Man, it's crazy.

yeah driving alot sucks...I drive more than 100 miles a day to work and back...it would cost alot more than it does just because i go with my dad and im on COOP for drexel so he pays for gas (thankfully just because he would be going there with or without me) but yeah hes got 101,xxx on an 02 Dodge Intrepid...plus hes got an 01 BMW 330i with over 80,xxx....its really sick how many miles that man puts on a car...lol

Back
Top Bottom