Nintendo Wii. Thoughts?

Clutch1

In Runtime
I did a quick search and didn't find specifically what I was looking for, so if this was already discussed, I'm sorry.

I wanna get the Wii for my GF, but before I do I wanna know if any of you have it and what you think of it. I was looking at it online and checking out the games and stuff. I like the steering wheel thing. That's awesome!!

Well, any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance everyone! :cool:

I haven't tried a Wii yet, but it seems to be a little too cheap and nasty for my tastes. It's not really next-gen enough for me to to justify getting it.

That said, the XBox360 and PS3 (especially in the UK) are a damn sight more expensive.

PS3 -> £425, which is roughly US$850! And it isn't even out yet.

I'd certainly give the Wii a try, though. Renegadeandy's going to try and get one, but there's been a major supply shortage here with people not getting their preorders yesterday etc.

Well, I voted yes, because it's a good system for some fun entertainement. I hate console gaming, but this one, I'd be tempted to try. I mainly hate console gaming because it's all it can do. That's why I emulate the stuff on PC.

Anyways, I say yes if you REALLY want it now, but if you can, you can wait a bit for the BIG RUSH to settle down, then the prices would be more cheap. You choose. The Wii system, IMO is not really expensive, especially for what it can do.

i dono why, but my friend ABSOLUTELY HATES THE NINTENDO WII. when you ask him why, he says its because its made by nintendo, it has crappy graphics, the games are crap, and the controller is retarded. he said he wouldn't try it even if he got it for free.

Well, Nintoendo graphics are less relistic, but who cares? Nintendo founds their games and consoles for fun and entertainement. They don't do it for the graphics.

I say Yes, but I'd only buy the Wii for a couple games at the moment.
For example, I'm dieing to play the Zelda game that is out for the Wii right now.

I did hear of a rather amusing story about the Wii though. A young man was playing with his Wii in California, playing baseball. As some of you know, you have to hold onto the controller and swing it like a bat to hit the ball. Apparently, he got so involved that he let go of the controller and it smashed through his television. I heard that from a manager at my job, and thought it was rather amusing. :p

That's the main problem though with that technology. But, it seems that it will happen.

It might be a problem, but I still think it was funny. :p

They say during the introduction to wrap the wrist band tightly.. I suppose he didn't.

I want a Wii, I'm thinking of camping out for the next shipment. They look awesome. The University at Buffalo divers had one and were playing Wii Sports in between dives, and it looked like so much fun.

Back
Top Bottom