So, disability vs sexual preference.

Toby1

Daemon Poster
Well, to me, as I said in the "parents" or depending where you come from "olds" thread.

A disability is more prelevent than being gay or bi.

Toby said:
Well, to me, as I said in the "parents" or depending where you come from "olds" thread.

A disability is more prelevent than being gay or bi.

It's not really comparable.

toby said:
Calm down man.

I just think that everything in life is a choice... appart from what I said above. I mean, it's not like you realise you're gay until a certain age. And maybe it is decided at birth, but you don't know that until later on. But when you've got scars on your stomache, below your left shoulder, can't throw up, are confined in an oxygen like tank for however many hours a day (at least from what I can remember when I was like 0-1), and tube-fed upto about 7 years old, (I tell people it's a bullet wound, lol) among other things, then yes, you know you're different to everyone else, from birth (or at least a lot earlier than you can tell about your sexual preferemce). I used to know a guy who's gay, but you wouldn't pick it, he talks normal and has a well rounded physique. And he didn't use to be gay. Only one day he realised that he liked guys, whether it was a choice or not, I don't know. But he definetly hasn't been gay all his life.

I'm actually just thinking that these are two complete seperate issues. But I do know how it feels to be treated differently by some people so I know how you feel there.

Bottom line, there's no black and white here. Maybe some people's sexual preference is decided at births and others are not. But it my mind it's a choice, and I'll leave it at that.

from the other thread..

i totally agree with this post.. very well written..

i dont see why the other thread got closed either, was an interesting thread..

I think it was closed because it was so different from the thread that wood_wurker started...

I mean it started about his parents strict control, and ended up talking about gay people.

DJ-CHRIS said:
It's not really comparable.
it's completly comparable, you say that yuo don't want to be different and don't want to stand out.
it's just like toby said, if you stripped naked, and he stripped naked, nobody could tell yuo'er gay, but they'd easily spot that he had a disability...

that said I know plenty f people with disabilities who manage to hide them quite well.
and know some gay people who couldn't hide the fact if their lives depended on it!

root said:
I think it was closed because it was so different from the thread that wood_wurker started...

I mean it started about his parents strict control, and ended up talking about gay people.

it's completly comparable, you say that yuo don't want to be different and don't want to stand out.
it's just like toby said, if you stripped naked, and he stripped naked, nobody could tell yuo'er gay, but they'd easily spot that he had a disability...

that said I know plenty f people with disabilities who manage to hide them quite well.
and know some gay people who couldn't hide the fact if their lives depended on it!
exactly, well put

I have a disability of sorts. I need reconstructive surgery on both of my knees. They told me this 7 years ago and I haven't had it done it yet. I may even be looking at total knee replacement by this point, judging on the extent of the damage from 7 years ago. :( I was born bow legged, but it wasn't found until I was 15-16 and at that point the growth plates had healed so braces were no longer an option. Only surgery.

I also may need rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder. combination of an accident (hit by car while walking) and sports (baseball and bowling).

Once I have my surgeries I will have an 8 to 10 inch scar running down the centers of both of my knees and depending on how the surgery is done on my shoulder (if needed) it'll either be little circular scars or a 3-4 inch one in the front.

Now, as the title goes, disability or sexual prefrence, when was the last time you could get out of work and paid for being something other than hetero? LOL!!

Not that I'm bashing gays. I have a few good friends who are both gay and lesbian.

Personally, I think wheather or not someone is gay is in their jeans. Being bi is a choice. There is something in us that tells us we like the opposite sex, so there is something in some of us that tells them that they like the same sex.

Sh!T! Studies have been done that prove there are gay animals!! Giraffes, monkeys, ect. They've proven it.

Clutch said:
Sh!T! Studies have been done that prove there are gay animals!! Giraffes, monkeys, ect. They've proven it.

now this explains why my old dog kept on humping my dads slippers......

borat_sagdiyev said:
what disability do you have?

Okay, I don't remember some of them too much (cause' they were from birth, and some are fixed now).

Okay, I was tube feed till I was about 7 years old (aka bullet wound, lol). Have a scar on my back and stomach, from operations at birth to save my life, one was to do with heart problems, and the other not real sure, but because of it, I can't throw up. I have a blood clot (or something like that, docs aren't exactly sure) on my right shin area. I was hooked up to various machines/tubes from birth, all to help me live today, like in oxygen tank type things, on a mini-ventilator as well, also have mild cerebral palsy, etc. Being three months pre-mature will do that to you.

So yeah, I'm glad someone got what I was saying. Thanks root.

I just get annoyed when some people get all upset that they go through life discriminated against and end up depressed and wanting to commit suicide, etc. There are worse things than being gay and/or having a disability you know. I've learned to deal with who I am. So should you.

By the way, sorry to hear about your problems Clutch, hope it all works out. You learn to live with it after a while. Just takes a while for other people to get used to it. And then some people just think it's good to pick on your misfortune.

Toby said:
Okay, I don't remember some of them too much (cause' they were from birth, and some are fixed now).

Okay, I was tube feed till I was about 7 years old (aka bullet wound, lol). Have a scar on my back and stomach, from operations at birth to save my life, one was to do with heart problems, and the other not real sure, but because of it, I can't throw up. I have a blood clot (or something like that, docs aren't exactly sure) on my right shin area. I was hooked up to various machines/tubes from birth, all to help me live today, like in oxygen tank type things, on a mini-ventilator as well, also have mild cerebral palsy, etc. Being three months pre-mature will do that to you.

So yeah, I'm glad someone got what I was saying. Thanks root.

I just get annoyed when some people get all upset that they go through life discriminated against and end up depressed and wanting to commit suicide, etc. There are worse things than being gay and/or having a disability you know. I've learned to deal with who I am. So should you.

By the way, sorry to hear about your problems Clutch, hope it all works out. You learn to live with it after a while. Just takes a while for other people to get used to it. And then some people just think it's good to pick on your misfortune.
Well from the tone of your posts, atleast you have your intelligence.

The worst I had was my foot.. it was growing in some weird position.. so when I was like a year old or something I had to wear braces for a long time.. just what my parents told me, I don't remember it.

Other than being lazy and out of shape, I consider myself lucky not to have all those health problems.

Back
Top Bottom