i beat half life 2 today :)

I have played and completed HL2: episode 1 and i have to say it is just as amazing as the entire half-life 2 game. They've added the HDR lighting effects so things look even sweeter. I highly recommend you buy it and continue the story because it is well worth it!

I would wait until Episode 2 because more than likely there will be a combo pack on Steam.

allenn812 said:
Lies! My 6800 barly does that.

It's probably a software-related problem. My cousin's PC had a 6500, and he was getting around 40 FPS. The next time I visited his house, he could barely get past a single level because the gameplay was way too choppy. Everything was fine after he reformatted his computer.

allenn812 said:
Lies! My 6800 barly does that.

Well the Source engine is optimized for ATI cards. At least the games from VALVe are. It's just like how Doom 3 runs more efficiently on NVIDIA cards because of OpenGL.

I definately cannot wait for Half-Life 2 for the Xbox 360. :D It comes with Half-Life 2: Episode One, Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Portal and Team Fortress 2. All those games for $60. VALVe even optimized Half-Life 2 to use the Xbox 360 multi-core architecture so you'll see more graphical features than you did on the PC, like HDR. :D

alvino said:
Well the Source engine is optimized for ATI cards. At least the games from VALVe are. It's just like how Doom 3 runs more efficiently on NVIDIA cards because of OpenGL.

I definately cannot wait for Half-Life 2 for the Xbox 360. :D It comes with Half-Life 2: Episode One, Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Portal and Team Fortress 2. All those games for $60. VALVe even optimized Half-Life 2 to use the Xbox 360 multi-core architecture so you'll see more graphical features than you did on the PC, like HDR. :D

That's sweet but I find it impossible to play FPSs on consoles

D-Lew said:
I would wait until Episode 2 because more than likely there will be a combo pack on Steam.

you're right there will be some great combo packs but if you're unable to wait for it like me then you will pay the $20 for each individual expansion. $20 isn't that much anyway (at least to me).

Yeah, I just can't justify spending $20 for a game with 5 hours of gameplay like that. That's why I'm waiting, it will be worth the price.

haha.. sick and playing video games.. riiight..

well done on completing it.. though if it only took you 2 days to complete it, i wouldnt wanna spend however much the game is, for two days of playing time..

Back
Top Bottom