New DVD-Writer Problem

Interesting... I just set it up so the HDD (on Master) went into the SLAVE connector, and the CD Drive (on Slave) went into the MASTER connector... and the CD Drive seemed to work for a lot longer than it did with both on CS (on CS, the computer turned off as soon as the CD had loaded; where as in this layout, the CD managed to work until I started installing firmware and software from the OEM).

-Rhys

Well if your not using CS it doesnt matter what position you plug the drives in. It sounds to me like you have some other underlying problem. Is it a new build? Could it be overheating, are all ya fans spinning? How old, and what rating is ya power supply? Has it worked ok in the past, and if so, then what were you doing before it started going wrong?

My computer is nearing 1 year old. I don't believe my computer could be overheating, and my fans are all spinning fine. I don't know the rating of my power supply. My computer has always worked fine in the past, except for a very very occasional turning off of the computer when I had too much running. However, what lead me to getting this new burner is my old one started locking up whenever I used it... the first time it locked up was when I was simply listening to an Audio CD on Media Player. You can read my previous thread (link in topic message) for more info on that old issue.

-Rhys

Well i still think theres something else, and the computer shouldnt be turning off coz you have alot running. Thats either an overheating issue, or ya power supply is under to much load. I would say that ya need to monitor ya temperatures, theres a few programs that will do this for ya, cant think of the names off the top of my head, but someone else will know. If ya temps come back fine, then i would say ya power supply. Might be worth giving the fans inside a clean, if you feel confident enough to do that, coz they block up with dust and cause airflow problems.

Back
Top Bottom