Anyway to get full 56k out of dial-up?

superman22x

Golden Master
Hi, I have stans.net dial-up service and we cant get any other kind of service at our house. Is their anyway to get a full 56k out of our current one? My modem says it connected at 28.8k all the time but I ordered one that could support up to 128k just in case we got ISDN.
The modem is the Rosewill RC-403

I should be getting a little more than 28.8 I think. Like 46 maybe at least.
Nothing gives what they advertise, lol. My USB 2.0 transfers at about 6mbs tops to my psp which has a high speed mem stick. That should be getting in the hundreds, but its really my internet that I want going at what I pay for.

Alot of the time its to do with your modem drivers, sometimes changing that for a newer/older one gets better speeds. Another thing to do is get in touch with your telephone company, and ask them to turn the gain up on your phone line as you may be getting noise on the line.

Ok, I'll look into drivers. And maybe contact the phone company. We have at&t. So I hope they are pretty good, I just wish we could get a little better speeds.

Oh and goto control panel and modems and check your port speed in the settings

Try what raffaz said but you wont get the Full 56K out of the line. It just dosent work like that.

And as far as your PSP goes, i believe its slower because the memory your writing the Data 2 is slow, not the USB 2.0 connection itself.

You can realize this buy plugging in another device such as, an external harddrive and then you will see that your USB 2.0 is transferring at the correct speeds

Yeah LambOfGod is right, 56k is a theoretical speed, and you will never achieve it

Back
Top Bottom