the ZUNE!

The only problem I think Sony is going to have, is offering a product that isn't going to fail this time around. With 360 being out for over a year now, and PS3 not fulfilling its graphic potential compared to the 360 in its release games, Sony may have their hands full.

Most consoles aren't particularly noticed until 2nd or 3rd generation games have released, which has already happened for 360 and has quite a way to go for the PS3. Sony is also going to have a problem with competing with prices, point blank. Despite what they have to offer, most people can't see themselves spending $600 on a gaming console.

Also, the most important thing is games. The problem for Sony is that there are less and less exclusive games this time around. Developers can't justify spending that much money on a console that is so hard to work with and has hardly sold yet.

drumthrasher said:
wtf r u talking about???
the wi-fi song transfer thing for the zune; u can only transfer songs for 3 days or 3 plays, thats why the zune sucks.
the ipod has WAY MORE FEATURES! i'll post a comparison later today.

update:
ZUNE:
MP3, AAC, WMA for Music Playback
JPEG Picture Viewing
WMV, MPEG-4, H.264 Video Playback
FM Radio (sounds like shit)
Wi-Fi Song Transfer (3 days/3 plays)

anything else? if so, plz tell me.

iPOD:
MPEG audio (MP3/MP2/MP1), OGG, Musepack, AAC, AC3 (DVD audio), FLAC, WavPack, Shorten, Apple Lossless, WAV/AIFF Playback
JPEG, BMP Photos
MPEG-4, H.264, MPEG1/MPEG2, AVI Video Playback
World Clock
Games
Over 1000 games (Doom, N64, Sega GameGear, GB/GBC, IPG, MAME, and LOTS more)
Calendar
Contacts
Notes (can read books and more)
Can View PowerPoints
File Browser
Graphic Equalizer
WAV to MP3 Converter
Battery Tester
Battery Benchmark
Calculator
Chess Clock
File Search
Demystify (Screensaver)
Dictionary
Disk-cleanup
Euro Currency Converter
Fire (screensaver)
Metronome
MIDI Player
Mosaique (screensaver)
Oscilloscope (screensaver type thinger...)
Plasma (screensaver)
Folder-List Generator
Paint
Snow (screensaver)
Starfield (screensaver)
Timer (stop-watch)
Text Editor
VU Meter

a lot more than that too.
IMGP0007.JPG

who needs a stupid freakin' screen saver, stop watch, visualization, text editor, movie player, games, etc..
when all I want is a good mp3 player?? this thing lets me listen to my music, I don't have time to look at or even use the rest of those features. I don't care for viewing pictures or Wi-Fi, this is a freaking music player, not an all in one superdupergameboymediacentersuperpocket device that doesn't even have a good battery life!

This device sits in my pocket with lines feeding heavy metal to my ear drums, thats all it NEEDS to do.

..not to mention, the audio quality is high, and the battery generally lasts about 20 hours on a full charge.

One of my friends used to have one of those. Pretty neat for a 20GB player. It also sounded cool when you put your ear to the side and listened to it spin up. Sounded like liquid. :p

alvino said:
One of my friends used to have one of those. Pretty neat for a 20GB player. It also sounded cool when you put your ear to the side and listened to it spin up. Sounded like liquid. :p
haha yeah thats awesome. One flaw to note though.. whenever you press a button, the HDD speeds up.. meaning if you play through the menus a lot, the battery doesn't last anywhere near as long as it normally does. You'd think they would just cache all the data somehow.. but noooo :p

Yeah, that sucks. I'm glad my Gigabeat caches some of the data otherwise I would be charging it every half a day or so. :p

The iPod battery definitely doesn't last 'up to 24 hours' like they say it does either. I get about 5 hours tops, usually just listening to music and I have the backlight set to only two seconds...

Turning on EQ, using more than a certain bitrate (In MP3 players, 128KBps), keeping back light on, or even using it at all (When they do tests, they simply have it on random with no light on at all), all affect battery life.

yeah, for my NW-HD1, i've actually had it fully charged, turned it on, listened for hours on end.. fell asleep with it on, woke up like 8 hours later, realized I was hearing pantera, and noticed the battery meter was at half.. i'd say about 12 hours right there.

At school on the other hand, I end up playing with it wayyy too much... i'm lucky if I get 3 hours out of it.

The Sony players do tend to have terrific battery life :D
I find their too expensive though for what you get, since software I've heard is a real pain, and, they tend to limit the sound volume straight off.
Yet, there are ways around this of course, as is on my Creative. Simply upload the American firmware :p *cough*

Back
Top Bottom