Raptor HD's? Worth buying?

The 74GB raptor is the best for the money right now. Its not too pricey for the performance you get, but its not the best GB/$ either.

I'd recommend a single larger drive. The performance difference between the Seagate 7200.10 series and the raptor series is small. In fact, in some tests the Seagate even beats out the raptor.

my hitachi deskstar t7k250 boots faster than my friends raptor, my computer completely boots and loads in 24 seconds, his takes around 35, and programs load faster on my comp as well, i have ddr 400, he has ddr2 800. mystery there

BigLu said:
my hitachi deskstar t7k250 boots faster than my friends raptor, my computer completely boots and loads in 24 seconds, his takes around 35, and programs load faster on my comp as well, i have ddr 400, he has ddr2 800. mystery there

That could be down to virus's or anything..

If I had the money, and if you do, I would get the 150GB Raptor. My mate has a raptor, and the difference is just outstanding!

joxley1990 said:
That could be down to virus's or anything..

If I had the money, and if you do, I would get the 150GB Raptor. My mate has a raptor, and the difference is just outstanding!

+ 1

I am agree with ya 100%

Raffaz said:
Just installed 2 today, and the boot times alone are at least halved

Raid 0 ?

My current setup consists of 1 74Gig raptor, and 2 250Gig Hard drives

my data split between the 2 250 Gigs.

Down the road i will be looking into a new setup.

I am planning on selling both my 250Gigs and buying

1. another 74 Gig Raptor V2

2. 2X Segate 7200.10 500 or 750 Gig Sata II drives.

I then will run raid 0+1

The Raptors in 0 and the Segate 500/750s in Raid 1

That will be expensive, but it will be very fast and reliable.

I belive the would be the correct RAID system to run.
And i'm pretty sure my board supports it.

i'd just get a sataII drives to put in raid 0 if your doing that. the data transfer rate on the sataII's makes up for the rpm difference and it would prolly be cheaper to get a larger hdd. but i guess its up to u.

Back
Top Bottom