the ZUNE!

troy272 said:
I do agree with you. Itunes has been nothing but trouble for me as well, it's a nice media player but quite frankly... it runs like crap for me. I've heard it doesn't do this on macintosh machines but I wouldn't know. the ipod is still my favorite mp3 player but the zune is pretty cool too :) i'm just not pursuaded to get a zune until they do some reports and stuff and I see how they are in the long term (a year or two or more) like i did with the ipods.
In the past day, iTunes hasn't crashed on me! :eek:

I never used iTunes. Why? Because I never needed it. But I laughed really hard once I heard about the problems that iTunes 7 has. :D

TRDCorolla said:
Hmmm from reading everyone's post on the Zune, it sounds sucky. I've had people at work telling me if they should get the Zune for Christmas. Now I know what to tell them. Majority rules, and Zune blows.

I hope you're being sarcastic. Because no one in here has stated that th Zune actually blows besides drumthrasher.

Anyway, alvino....the PS3 doesn't have more cores. It's a single cored processor, whilst the 360 has 3 actual processing cores. Really, the only thing you're paying for in a PS3 is the blueray drive. Otherwise, the gaming machine is pretty inferior. I HAS 256 MB RAM FOR GOD's SAKE!!! :p

drumthrasher said:
itunes 6 or 7 has NEVER crashed on me.

Just quit talking. Seriously. You're beyond the brink of annoying.

Chainer said:
Anyway, alvino....the PS3 doesn't have more cores. It's a single cored processor, whilst the 360 has 3 actual processing cores. Really, the only thing you're paying for in a PS3 is the blueray drive. Otherwise, the gaming machine is pretty inferior. I HAS 256 MB RAM FOR GOD's SAKE!!! :p/QUOTE]

Well the Cell has one general processing core, but the 7 SPE cores are in essence real processors. It just needs directions in order for it to work, which is why developers have such a pain developing games for the PS3.

The RAM is also different. There is 256MB of XDR RAM for the system and 256MB of GDDR3 for the RSX graphics chip. Sony basically pre-assigned the amount. Compared to the Xbox 360 where it's just 512MB of GDDR3 and Microsoft lets developers partition the amount of RAM they need for the components when they want it or need it, meaning it's more flexible.

alvino said:
Chainer said:
Anyway, alvino....the PS3 doesn't have more cores. It's a single cored processor, whilst the 360 has 3 actual processing cores. Really, the only thing you're paying for in a PS3 is the blueray drive. Otherwise, the gaming machine is pretty inferior. I HAS 256 MB RAM FOR GOD's SAKE!!! :p/QUOTE]

Well the Cell has one general processing core, but the 7 SPE cores are in essence real processors. It just needs directions in order for it to work, which is why developers have such a pain developing games for the PS3.

The RAM is also different. There is 256MB of XDR RAM for the system and 256MB of GDDR3 for the RSX graphics chip. Sony basically pre-assigned the amount. Compared to the Xbox 360 where it's just 512MB of GDDR3 and Microsoft lets developers partition the amount of RAM they need for the components when they want it or need it, meaning it's more flexible.

Yes, and the 360 has a 256 MB graphics card in it too. To me, that 'Cell' means absolute crap. To be honest, like I said, you're only paying for the blue-ray drive.

Actually, the Xbox 360's Xenos GPU uses the same 512MB GDDR3 memory as the rest of the console does. Microsoft just made it unified so developers could partition it according to their needs. The CPU and GPU share the RAM though.

As for the Cell, it's actually really powerful if you know how to work with it and use it. Right now PS3 games look about the same, if not worse compared to Xbox 360 games, but wait another year or two and you'll see the PS3's power in full blast.

YAY Zune...hahha

PS3 and 360...YAY i guess...

soo all in all is the PS3 going to actually become supeoir to 360?

Hard to say. On paper, the PS3 is superior, but in terms of actual games, both are about equal. The PS3 will have it's advantages and the Xbox 360 will have its own advantages.

Back
Top Bottom