Very confused - please help!

Max25591

Baseband Member
Ok this is just weird! Im running a e6600 on a gigabyte DS4 Mobo with X1900XT 512 graphics.

If i overclock the CPU at all ... the graphics go choppy in BF2... But here is the weird part... only when playing on-line! If im off line playing single player the graphics are fine!

SO ... is there something wrong with my overclock (3.0Ghz - not asking too much from a conroe) - Or is it a problem somewhere else?

Anyone?

Max2559 said:
Ok this is just weird! Im running a e6600 on a gigabyte DS4 Mobo with X1900XT 512 graphics.

If i overclock the CPU at all ... the graphics go choppy in BF2... But here is the weird part... only when playing on-line! If im off line playing single player the graphics are fine!

SO ... is there something wrong with my overclock (3.0Ghz - not asking too much from a conroe) - Or is it a problem somewhere else?

Anyone?

So your saying.

Your overclocked CPU

Goes choppy online.

But is fine during normal play. (offline)

Sounds to me like its a Bandwidth problem,
Also known as lag.

laggy = choppy.

check out what your ping is on your machine when you are trying to playonline and report back.

Well i considered that... but it doesnt make sense as when i dropped my CPU back down to Stock 2.4Ghz it runs fine on-line too. So the overclock is having a negative effect in someway. I just hadent heard of this before? - Overclocking reducing performance! And all the effort i put in - How ironic! Any further suggestions?

Check your temps,

Dont overclock it as high.

if you overclock it at all for that matter.

That thing is fast enough

Back
Top Bottom