Getting more spam lately

okay your IE question, I dont think you have to uninstall IE6 to install IE7 it should just upgrade for you..

As for email what do you use? Outlook Express? i had a filter setup in Outlook express where mail from people not on my contacts list would just go to my trash box

go to
tools-message rules-mail-Select
"where the from line contains"
then at the bottom select "delete it"
now go down one more box to where it says in blue highlighted font
"Contains people"
click on that and hit address book,
Select everyone form your address book and all the contacts that you want should be in the box on the right now its called
" rule Addresses"
then click on okay.
Then hit options and put a check mark in the box where it says
"Does no contain" then click on okay

then click apply now if you see it and you should be good,Now mail from people not in your address book will automaticalyl get deleated

hope this isnt to confusing!
And i hope ive somehow helped as well

I'm not being funny, but do you read anything past the first post?

Your second point was kind of relevant, but hopefully he is not using outlook express.

Cybernet said:
You should invest in proper Anti - Spyware software. Like these top brands McAfee, Norton etc

These both hog resources, especially Norton. Best on the market IMO is NOD32 by eset.

Trivium Nate said:
okay your IE question, I dont think you have to uninstall IE6 to install IE7 it should just upgrade for you..

As for email what do you use? Outlook Express? i had a filter setup in Outlook express where mail from people not on my contacts list would just go to my trash box

go to
tools-message rules-mail-Select
"where the from line contains"
then at the bottom select "delete it"
now go down one more box to where it says in blue highlighted font
"Contains people"
click on that and hit address book,
Select everyone form your address book and all the contacts that you want should be in the box on the right now its called
" rule Addresses"
then click on okay.
Then hit options and put a check mark in the box where it says
"Does no contain" then click on okay

then click apply now if you see it and you should be good,Now mail from people not in your address book will automaticalyl get deleated

hope this isnt to confusing!
And i hope ive somehow helped as well
Thanks, Nate, I've already been told here that I don't have to uninstall the old IE, as for OE, I do use the tools method for spam, & it's very good, I've never used the address book method because 99.99% of spam comes through CF, & as I said a non-curable trojan that AVG told me about, could have left something in my computer, I did a thorough search, including hidden files, but nothing.

Brookfield said:
Thanks, Nate, I've already been told here that I don't have to uninstall the old IE, as for OE, I do use the tools method for spam, & it's very good, I've never used the address book method because 99.99% of spam comes through CF, & as I said a non-curable trojan that AVG told me about, could have left something in my computer, I did a thorough search, including hidden files, but nothing.

Just curious Maurice, have you tried running AVG in safemode? That might get rid of this trojan your referring to

Brookfield said:

okay I see I do appologize for not reading the other posts

Raffaz said:
Just curious Maurice, have you tried running AVG in safemode? That might get rid of this trojan your referring to
This may sound strange, but I've never been happy to go into safe mode, oh, I know how to do it, but......., I'll have to get someone to do it for me, I'm "sad" I know! :eek:

Brookfield said:
This may sound strange, but I've never been happy to go into safe mode, oh, I know how to do it, but......., I'll have to get someone to do it for me, I'm "sad" I know! :eek:

Its actually quite a safe thing to do, hence the name safe mode :) You shouldnt have any problems at all. Just tap F8 at boot and select safe mode, let it boot up, it will look a bit strange once done. Then run ya AV and spyware etc, reboot and restart normally. Job done :)

Back
Top Bottom