artifacts/game freezing

adrian krstisto

Baseband Member
for the last week now i have been having random crashing and artifacts showing up when i play a game. My specs: 7950gx2, duo core e6700, 2 gigs ram, 550 antec psu, water cooling. I dont believe its overheating because this happens so random. sometimes when i begin to play, sometimes after 2 hours of gameplay.

any suggestions?

i also use an nforce asus sli premium delux mobo sli intel x16 chipset

temps? Have you overclocked the vid card or any other components?
And for upgrading the bios without a floppy drive, some manufacturers have a flash utility (should find it somewhere, either their homepage or just google) which you can run from windows. I think asus had one, at least for the older mobos. If you can't find one, then go and buy a floppy drive. :p

i use nvidia control panel for temp . while playing ill minimize and check temps. The gpus on my nvidia run 75 under load but the card itself is hot. im sure this is normal. my power voltage seems to be good as well as i use pc probe from asus that checks my 3 voltages/cpu/gpu temp/fan speeds.

Check this out

My bro was playing dawn of war and it froze on him, when he restarted the computer and loaded up the game the game started in windowed mode with a different resolution!!!!

adrian krstisto said:
i use nvidia control panel for temp . while playing ill minimize and check temps. The gpus on my nvidia run 75 under load but the card itself is hot. im sure this is normal. my power voltage seems to be good as well as i use pc probe from asus that checks my 3 voltages/cpu/gpu temp/fan speeds.

Check this out

My bro was playing dawn of war and it froze on him, when he restarted the computer and loaded up the game the game started in windowed mode with a different resolution!!!!

that sounds like your card is running kinda hot, look into additional system fans or a aftermarket cpu cooler

well im glad my problems are relative. I use a water cooler for my cpu which can also be used for my gpu though im not sure how it will work with dual gpus? :/

I have 2 mini fans about the water cooler and 2 fans taking air out, the standard125mm in the back and 1 80mm on the side which has a cool blue glow to it.

Should i force the air on the 80mm towards the gpu ?

i dunno

Back
Top Bottom