Need to upgrade my comp... but upgrade what?

Day Dreamer

Beta member
Ok, I recently got both Hitman : Blood Money and Company of Heroes (both great games btw) however, both run rather slugishly, and only on the lowest possible settings.

my comp specs, from DXDIAG:

Intel Pentium D CPU 2.80 GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory:1534MB Ram
Radeon X300/x550 series 128 mb

So what exactly do i need to upgrade?

Yeah, the graphics card is what's holding you back. I would recommend a 7600GT, since they are a really good mid-range card, and are pretty cheap at around $130.

lol, everyone has a 7600GT. But it's a great card for the price, and will definitely make a huge improvement to your gaming experience.

ty for the rapid response.

A couple additional questions:

If im going to upgrade the graphics card, Im going all out. what's the best one I can get for 350 USD or less?

And, is there any easy way to determine whether my comp is AGP or PCI?

And finally, after upgrading the graphics card, what will else will i likely want to upgrade in the near future?

Well you could try one of these.

Check your BIOS for any mention of PCI-E or AGP (It should mention the one you have in there somewhere.)

Open up your PC and look for little markings that say something like PCIE_1 or something similar.

You can always get Everest, I don't remember if it detects what you have but it might. http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html <--- Everest Download

Back
Top Bottom