Thinkpad laptop

Ronco Rox

Fully Optimized
so i was looking in my closet and i found my old IBM Thinkpad laptop. its running windows 98 and has a P2 in it, yea i know :rolleyes:

so when i boot it up i get this error screen that says "error 0301". the mouse turns into a duck and i have an option of clicking on "Test" or "Restart". so i click on test and it gives me everything that is in the laptop. when i click test on the motherboard it gives me 3 errors dealing with it.

afterwards it restarts and goes through the whole process again and i cannot get past it.

now i want to get this running just for the hell of it to see what i have on it. is there anyway i can get this running without formatting it?

if there is no other way i will format it but i need to dig up my old windows 98 floppy boot disk :p

Never heard of that error, is there any more info with it? I would just reformat and reinstall. Much easier solution.

I don't suppose you have access to another win 98 machine to make a boot disk do you? If you can, do that and give it a try.

I would try entering the error number or message in google and see what comes up.

Ive heard Thinkbads have alot of problems regarding Batteries. Make sure the battry lock is properly....locked? Or try taking it out then putting back in.

well i googled the error like Jat said and found out its very common :rolleyes:

its a dead CMOS and it fries (sort of speak) the mobo. yet all my other componenets are fine HD, Ram, except for the screen.

broke it trying to open the damn thing when there were more screws to take out. THANKS IBM FOR PLACING YOUR SCREWS IN SUCH NOTICABLE PLACES!!!:D

but that thing was junk anyway so what i'm going to do is buy another used thinkpad 600 (the same one i have) just to putts around with it.

any sites or stores in the U.S. that has these laptops?

i remember the wiz use to have used laptops, thats where i had gotten this one but they went out of business. thanks for any help :)

Yeah, ebay is probably your best bet to find something like that. Not guaranteed that it'll work though....lol

Back
Top Bottom