Window on mac

hellsfear2004

Solid State Member
I tried searching but i couldent find the awnser. My mom brought home this mac powerd 7300/200 power pc she got from work for free. Can i install windows 98 on this? sorry if its a stupid question or w/e but ive never touched a mac in my life i hate them.

you need a mac with an intel processor to install windows and as far as I know it will only work with windows XP but I could be wrong...

troy272 said:
you need a mac with an intel processor to install windows and as far as I know it will only work with windows XP but I could be wrong...

A few of the older macs were able to run DOS, 3.1, 95 and possibly 98.

DJ-CHRIS said:
A few of the older macs were able to run DOS, 3.1, 95 and possibly 98.

I never knew that. I remember seeing a program that allowed you to run XP on a power PC machine (G4 or G5 but I forget) and I did see some software somewhere that let you run 95 and 98 but I think they were just emulators but again I could be wrong.

troy272 said:
I never knew that. I remember seeing a program that allowed you to run XP on a power PC machine (G4 or G5 but I forget) and I did see some software somewhere that let you run 95 and 98 but I think they were just emulators but again I could be wrong.

Yeah their was emulators for all of the power PC macs to run windows. This emulator was called virtual PC.

Their was actually macs with both an 486 and powerpc processor in them at a time.

why would you wanna put windows 98 on a brand new mac, i'm not a big fan of the macs but why put an operating system on the computer that is full of security holes and is no longer supported by the company that created it when all you have to do is get used to running stuff on a mac. just seems like a waste to me.

Back
Top Bottom