possible gaming laptop

rahxephon1

Baseband Member
http://configure.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=ca&CS=CADHS1&l=en&OC=OCINSP1501S_FEAT_E2

Heres the dell im thinking of buying you can see the specs on the right

what id like to know is if i upgraded the vid card to a 7900 gs go and added a gig of ram bringing up to 2 gigs what kind of games id be able to play? Battfield 2? world of warcraft? also id like to know what the prossesor speed would equal in ghz thx alot

if you guys got any suggestions feel free to say so

Thanks in advance.

You would definitely be able to play BF2 with those components, but the only thing that worries me is the Sempron, since they are lower-end CPU's. If you can afford it, try to get a better CPU, like a Core Duo, or maybe even a Core 2 Duo, if your budget allows for it.

Edit: I noticed your name is rahxephon, have you seen the series? I was going to watch it but I don't know how good it is.

borat_sagdiyev said:
ummm you cant game with a sempron lol. and you cant replace a gfx card on a laptop.

Yeah, I just looked at the lappy, Dell won't let you change the CPU or GPU when you customize it, so it's either this or a different laptop.

id go with a dell xps or alienware if you wanted a decent gaming laptop. but it might be out of the buget if you have one.

I've got the 6400, which is more or less that laptop!

I have the Core Duo, 1.6Ghz
1GB RAM
X1300

Fantastic for gaming, and everyday tasks.

joxley1990 said:
I've got the 6400, which is more or less that laptop!

I have the Core Duo, 1.6Ghz
1GB RAM
X1300

Fantastic for gaming, and everyday tasks.

What kind of games do you play with that set up? seems like a prety good deal...a little over my budget so more waiting but meh...

Check out my thread. The Dell XPS series are tonnes better, and can be customised alot.

I'll hopefully be getting one soon myself...

Core 2 DUO T-5200-T7600, Nvidia 7900-7950GTX, 2-4GB's of RAM.

Pure customisation!

http://www.dell.com/content/products/category.aspx/xpsnb?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

I have my eyes on the M1710

Might be more than you want to be spending mind, but, a laptop since it can't be customised much after purchase, its best to get the best parts straight away that you can muster to make it last.

Kage said:
Check out my thread. The Dell XPS series are tonnes better, and can be customised alot.

I'll hopefully be getting one soon myself...

Core 2 DUO T-5200-T7600, Nvidia 7900-7950GTX, 2-4GB's of RAM.

Pure customisation!

http://www.dell.com/content/products/category.aspx/xpsnb?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

I have my eyes on the M1710

Might be more than you want to be spending mind, but, a laptop since it can't be customised much after purchase, its best to get the best parts straight away that you can muster to make it last.

a bit too expensive....i work part time weekends

guess ill just get an inspiron 9400 should do the trick

thanks for the idea though id love to buy an xps but they just cost way too much for me.

Back
Top Bottom