My New $100 Thermaltake , Runs Hotter than my $20 Raidmax...

LambOfGod

Fully Optimized
Hey guys got my case yesterday put it all together
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811133145

Same config as my last $30 raidmax case and my vidcard temps rose 4 degrees...

Kinda pisses me off, I may try putting an 80MM in the HD Bay area to blow accross my vid card, but i didnt think i would have to do that.

The case is Nice, I like its features. Its got 2 120MM and 1 90MM fans. and is slightly quieter than my old case.

Its also taller and has more space than my old case.

ohh well just kinda venting.

could be just the airflow because of cables. maybe take some pictures from inside the case and put them on here. I know on this p180 antec i have, it actually cools my room down. It's been running for 2 days straight and all the exhaust fans are spitting out cold air. My old dell case spit hot air from the beginning, so for me, its amazing. But i had to mess around with the power and ide cables. Being flat..the mess up the airflow from bottom front to the top back. Fixed that, and its better. Check your cables and possibly turn the fans on higher in the bios?

The cables are not a mess, they are ran behind the motherboard tray.

They arnt perfect but they should be casuing higher temps. I will play with them anyway.

And as far as turning fans up in the BIOS, my fans has a speed sensor to tell the system the fan is spinning and what RPM, but i am not sure if i can control the speed. I will look into it

Cases are very hard to question wheather they'll be good at airflow or not. Mostly, you just tend to think about the fan sizes its capable of holding.

Are you using your own case fans which you've used on both? Or case fans that come with that case? In which case, it might be best to get some quieter, if not more powerful ones, that'll match the ones you had in your old case, if you can't swap them over.

Another thing, temperatures can be affected by one small thing. Wires (As you've said, this doesn't seem to be the problem), and even a hard drive can affect airflow.
Make sure the hard drive(s) are positioned as close to the dead spot of the fan at the front (I'm guessing it has one) as possible. This will optimise airflow.

Kage said:
Cases are very hard to question wheather they'll be good at airflow or not. Mostly, you just tend to think about the fan sizes its capable of holding.

Are you using your own case fans which you've used on both? Or case fans that come with that case? In which case, it might be best to get some quieter, if not more powerful ones, that'll match the ones you had in your old case, if you can't swap them over.

Another thing, temperatures can be affected by one small thing. Wires (As you've said, this doesn't seem to be the problem), and even a hard drive can affect airflow.
Make sure the hard drive(s) are positioned as close to the dead spot of the fan at the front (I'm guessing it has one) as possible. This will optimise airflow.

I am using the fans that came with the case.

My old case had 4 80MM

I have my 3 HDs directly in front of the 120MM

I realize this is killing my airflow from the front of the case. But at the same time my hard drives are the most important part in MY PC.

I want to keep them cool so i can get the most out of their life span.

i will fiddle with the case a little more tonight.

The hard drives are proberly heating up the air to the rest of the PC.
That is proberly why you get high temps everywhere else.

Yup, i've seen several designs where cases take teh HD and toss them above the front intake. I personnaly bought a sweet lil case I could recommend to you. Big fans, when I have my foot next to it I can feel air flowing out of it.

Well last night I moved My 3 Drives all up one drive bay, and it brought my temps back down to what they use to be.

So anyway overall i am still So-SO about this case...

And last but not least the loudest thing in my PC is my damn Chipset fan...

its a little 20 or 30 mm fan thats noisy, A passive heatsink in place of that fan would be sweet, i will have to find one that fits perfect on that board though, and that might be tough..

Here it is

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127222

one rec, move 2 of the hd's up to the other section and then keep the hottest one down in the front intake bay. I have only one drive, 250gig, so I dont impeed my airflow at all, but you might look into getting replacement fans with better airflow like Kage said. I found on this antec p180 case, it is stillllll cool air its spitting out and i've had graphics, games, rendering, music editing and downloads going almost constant for 3 days now, and I just built the system on sunday.

also, just a thought, maybe get a eSATA card and put one of the drives outside the pc, so it stays cooler, and put the two drives in the front intake area and spread them, so air gets by them, but also mostly through them. ?

jbranum said:
one rec, move 2 of the hd's up to the other section and then keep the hottest one down in the front intake bay. I have only one drive, 250gig, so I dont impeed my airflow at all, but you might look into getting replacement fans with better airflow like Kage said. I found on this antec p180 case, it is stillllll cool air its spitting out and i've had graphics, games, rendering, music editing and downloads going almost constant for 3 days now, and I just built the system on sunday.

also, just a thought, maybe get a eSATA card and put one of the drives outside the pc, so it stays cooler, and put the two drives in the front intake area and spread them, so air gets by them, but also mostly through them. ?

Did you read my last post??

i moved them all up and it dropped my temps back down, overall i am not super impressed with the case design, i think They should make a case that can help cool the vidcard more, all the while cooling the HDs as well.

Back
Top Bottom