Comp Getting Sent Back to Manufacturer...

kjman87

Daemon Poster
Ok my Gateway is getting send back to gateway to get "Professionally" checked out....since then I have put in a couple third party things like a new more powerful PSU, the TV tuner, and a couple fans...the TV tuner is out and so it one fan...you think I should take out the other fan and the new PSU before shipping it back to them so it seems 100% stock?

-Kevin

If you don't put in the stock hardware they will void the warantee. Yeah we are here to help wiht these kind of issues.. let us know what is wrong and we will let you know on what can be done "DIY" is for real men =P :cool:

I told them I would do it but he said no, Its still under warrenty so I am not going to complain that much...

Yeah, you have to put the stock parts back in. Normally, when you open a case on a pre-built, there is a seal, in which breaks, so they can proberly tell anyway!

No there was a seal...but I contacted gateway before I put my TV Tuner in just to make sure i didnt void the warrenty and it didnt soooo...i am safe...they knew it was in there but ok thanks again everyone!!

_Kev

So what is the problem?

They want you to send it back so they can mysteriously find something that isn't covered by warranty and charge you for it.

FYI, they'll know that you've done more than just install a tv tuner card.

Back
Top Bottom