Overclocking your CPU, How to do it easily!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raven Donkey; welcome to the forum, but:

Please make sure that your posts are constructive, and aren't spam like that. :(

hi i have abit av8 board abd cannot find the HT setting in bios so i am only able to overclock upto 2.4Ghz at a stable rate am i not looking in the correct place or is there another setting in bios to componsate for the HT settings.

hey guys, i've got an Athlon X2 4600, and before i do this, I was wondering how much you guys think i could blast it to. I'm running 2400 at stock speeds, but running at 110% using my A8n-sli premiums Ai Booster, I can jump it to 2700, without restarting messing with bios. At 2700 it stays under 42 degrees celicius, which I admit, is higher than i would have liked, but still :p anyhow, anyone think it will go higher if I follow this tut?

im brand new to the forum, i just found it a couple days ago and my comp was running like poop so i decided i was goin to try to overclock it.... big mistake my computer no longer starts up. i have an Nvidia Nforce4 mobo amd 64 3400+ cpu and 1gb of ram. can anyone help me out with resetting my bios settings. the computer powers up but it doesnt even beep anymore. can anyone help me?

kotu100 said:
im brand new to the forum, i just found it a couple days ago and my comp was running like poop so i decided i was goin to try to overclock it.... big mistake my computer no longer starts up. i have an Nvidia Nforce4 mobo amd 64 3400+ cpu and 1gb of ram. can anyone help me out with resetting my bios settings. the computer powers up but it doesnt even beep anymore. can anyone help me?
Have you reset your CMOS yet? It's usually a jumper found somewhere on the board. Look in your manual if you aren't sure where.

The Amish Kid said:
Have you reset your CMOS yet? It's usually a jumper found somewhere on the board. Look in your manual if you aren't sure where.
yea i did a google search and i found the jumper, i also go a hang of the overclocking thing a little bit. my comp was running at 1.94ghz before now its at 2.36 which i dont think is that bad for the shitty 1gig of ram i have.

PaperPlunger said:
hey guys, i've got an Athlon X2 4600, and before i do this, I was wondering how much you guys think i could blast it to. I'm running 2400 at stock speeds, but running at 110% using my A8n-sli premiums Ai Booster, I can jump it to 2700, without restarting messing with bios. At 2700 it stays under 42 degrees celicius, which I admit, is higher than i would have liked, but still :p anyhow, anyone think it will go higher if I follow this tut?

yea you can push that core past 2700, i would do it in the BIOS though, i'm not much for using software to overclock.

Make sure you keep a close eye on your temps though

LambOfGod said:
yea you can push that core past 2700, i would do it in the BIOS though, i'm not much for using software to overclock.

Make sure you keep a close eye on your temps though

Ok, cool, thank you. I just installed a water cooling system, so I should be ok for cooling.

Sorry for double post, but it's been a while since, so what ever. I pushed my cpu's speed to 2700 finally. It encountered an unknown error right after the second Cpu test in 3d mark, but otehr than that it works fine. Anyone think I could safely push it higher? It's a Athlon X2 4600. Core speed is 2400.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom