Moon Base Alpha ??

I just saw that on the news a few minutes ago. I think it's kinda neat, besides we've already come close to destroying the earth so what's next? we all move to the moon! :)

cool, I knew it was going to happen someday. But it's gonna be many years before it will actually start to happen, I just hope I live to see it.
But look at this:

Countries that already have been working with NASA to develop its so-called Global Exploration Strategy are Australia, Canada, China, Europe, France, Germany, the United Kingdom, India, Italy, Japan, Russia, South Korea and Ukraine.

since when has europe been a country? :rolleyes:

IMO they should get North korea to help, they already have plenty of rockets etc to donate!

though... they plan to be finished building by 2010... I'm not even sure as they'll have finished building a new shopping centre in town by then!!

still I suspect they are on a deadline because they have to be finished by 2010 because that's when all the shuttles are being phased out, and then there will be no way of getting there!

unless they are also building a really big staircase? or lift...

lift might be more practical.. but stairs would be needed in case of fire for escape!!!

root said:
IMO they should get North korea to help, they already have plenty of rockets etc to donate!

though... they plan to be finished building by 2010... I'm not even sure as they'll have finished building a new shopping centre in town by then!!

still I suspect they are on a deadline because they have to be finished by 2010 because that's when all the shuttles are being phased out, and then there will be no way of getting there!!

2010?

The habitat will serve as a science outpost as well as a testbed for technologies needed for future travel to Mars and construction will follow a series of flights to the moon scheduled to begin by 2020.

Now if I remember correctly they said that they are expecting the base to be ready in a couple of years, so probably something like 2023.
and they will be using the new type of spacecraft they are developing to replace the shuttles.

sorry, typo... it should have said 2020

and the shopping center in town comparisson is because where I live they are demolishing most of the center, tearing down all the old buildings to put a shiny new mall in...

Back
Top Bottom