Download/P2P speed slow! PLZ help!

mycompsucks9898

Baseband Member
I would liek to know if there is anything that I can do to boost my download speed. I am downloading a movie and it is taking a long time.

My average download speed is 16.00kBs/sec and I have 128kbs/sec internet speed. I have the Rogers Yahoo!(Canada) Ultra-Lite.I really hope on upgrading soon. I was using Morpheus 5.3 to download movies but the downloads slwo down alot and you can only download "authorized" files. So I switched to a little program called Ares, it stays around 16.00kBs/sec. Then i got this add-on thign thats called Ares Galaxy Super Speed wich is supposed to boost the speed but doesint do anything really.

So is there a way to speed up my downloads without upgrading my internet speed yet? :confused:

Thx in advance

well i think 16kbps is about normal for that speed, but i could be wrong. go into your p2p program settings and look for a section where you can change the max connections per file (or something similar) and set it to unlimited or the most allowed. this shoul;d help

mycompsucks9898 said:
I would liek to know if there is anything that I can do to boost my download speed. I am downloading a movie and it is taking a long time.

My average download speed is 16.00kBs/sec and I have 128kbs/sec internet speed. I have the Rogers Yahoo!(Canada) Ultra-Lite.I really hope on upgrading soon. I was using Morpheus 5.3 to download movies but the downloads slwo down alot and you can only download "authorized" files. So I switched to a little program called Ares, it stays around 16.00kBs/sec. Then i got this add-on thign thats called Ares Galaxy Super Speed wich is supposed to boost the speed but doesint do anything really.

So is there a way to speed up my downloads without upgrading my internet speed yet? :confused:

Thx in advance

Remeber 8 bits a byte

16.00kBs is your maximum download speed you'll achieve for that line.

Remeber, 16.00kBs = 128.00kbs

Back
Top Bottom