Asus 7900gs with vista

superman22x

Golden Master
Hi, I just bought an asus 7900gs, and it came with some software, like drivers, but it also came with some utilities, but when I try and run them it says I need to have service pack installed. But I have vista and their is no service pack. What do I do?

Ok, I also wanted to know how do I overclock it? I downloaded coolbits, but I dont know how to use it now that its in the registry.

I'm not sure of the use of Coolbits, Riva Tuner and so forth under Vista, as far as I know Riva Tuner doesn't run under Vista (unless unwinder has released a new Vista compatible version in the last few days)

I will check Guru3D forums for any threads and link you if I find any answers.

Once you enable it in the registry (assuming you did it correctly), there should be an OC option when you go into the Display Properties/Advanced button.

Unwinder said:
My patience is over. I'm giving final warning for all Vista guys, ignoring documentation, search and spamming the same questions again and again. I repeat it last time, and will simply remove or close any new Vista related thread or question:

Don't expect full Vista support till OFFICIAL Vista sales start in the end of JANUARY.

I guess that is that for Vista support in Riva Tuner. :D

It is all I use for XP so I can't really help with the others, also there is nothing on Guru3D that anyone has mentioned that is successful under Vista. Searching for a result in Google also brings up lots of threads saying Coolbits 2.0 doesn't work with Vista

Doesn't he have to be a moderator to close a thread though? Who's Unwinder;2044547? I've been out for a couple of days so CF must have promoted somebody again to be mod.

No, I think thats from a different forum. Well, I'll just wait til Jan, to OC my card.

Unwinder is the guy on Guru3D (where he is a Mod) who writes the code for Riva Tuner, Riva Tuner = Unwinder.

Back
Top Bottom