Keeping hard drive

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just put everything on a single partition. Makes it easier. Parition means that you can logically assign different drive letter to your main hard drive. In a sense, it's like having multiple hard drives on a single hard drive. You can have one parition to store your multimedia files, another parition to store all your backup files, another one for you main primary boot parition, etc.

Right now, I'm running just off of a single parition. I use my external drive for all my backups anyways. Choose the reformat option.

Yeah, it's easier. If you know how to setup partitions, you can try. Personally, I think it's better to have multiple paritions. It can actually speed up file access time because your main system files won't be jumbled together with all your other data files. But a single partition is ok to have too.

No. But if you install that copy of Windows so many amount of time, you will be forced to call Microsoft directly to get Windows activated. If this is the second time you're installing Windows from that same CD, you can activate it over the Internet. The CD Key is separate from the activation procedure.

Back
Top Bottom