usb

pies

Baseband Member
i got a usb keyboard and mouse and on my new motherboard sometimes they seem to lag i guess you could say ill hit t (example)and it will freeze and end up typing ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt could it be the usb ports

weird, wuts ur computer specs, and the type of keyboard and mouse it is (brand, item number, or web link)

asus m2n sli deluxe mobo amd 3500+ 1 gig ram its an microsoft digital media pro and the mose seems to freeze a bit also its an microsoft mouse

Wow, I've never heard of this happening before. Hmmm, have you tried using the PS/2 connector with the keyboard? If so, does that eliminate the problem? Try using different USB ports to see how it reacts. Reboot. I'm sure you have SP1 for USB 2.0 support. If so, how about your hardware? Are your keyboards compliant with USB 2.0 too? I highly doubt this will have anything to do with your problem though, but just a thought. Are you using wireless keyboard? I know the RF keyboards have the antennas going into the USB ports too with IR having line of sight.

Maybe the keyboard is dirty and sticking?

This happens occasionaly with me if I open up Word or something, it will freeze, and after a few characters the pc seems to have caught up and it types normally, and it only happens in Office 2007...does it lag with everything or only a few programs?

that same thing happened to me before but with a cheap generic brand. i would just go back and try to return it for another one, it could just be a bad keyboard.

iv had it for quit some time its areturnable it seemed fine on my old board

Back
Top Bottom